Zac (Castle) from Weaponcrates.com

Castle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im shocked this is the first time I have found this forum. Im Zac. I run weaponcrates.com. I work full time developmenting enterprise SaaS Applications for big companies.

Im also a family man with a 1 year old daughter and another one on the way. (god help me)..

I play a lot of local sites but want to change that so If you have a suggestion let me know.. I try to play every 2 weeks.

I hope to become quite active in the forums as I enjoy hearing about people's experiences and views on airsoft subject matter.

If you got any questions feel free drop them here, Ill try my best to answer.

• Supporters

Welcome

Hey fella,

You actually reached out to me through my blog regarding content. I did message back....

I'm on this site and in it's current format it's really tedious to use for the below reasons:

There's no easy way to see the posts you've created

No way to edit a post after creating, management page created but links to nothing

Message/notifications don't/didn't work

No feedback tracking, user history

Lack of sales template leads to items being sold with a sentence or two with no real details.

Pages don't work such as FAQ's, support pages leads to FAQ page, which doesn't work.

There's potential there, my biggest concern would be it is troll/spam heaven. No one on there has any history or way of being checked. Granted it's a relatively new site, it's a massive opportunity for spammers to go on whack £1000's of gear on there, take the money and leave. Considering the people using it are mostly new people (otherwise they'd be in here, Z1 and others already), they wont have the knowledge to avoid being scammed.

Where most forums are mainly for questions, general community stuff etc, with sales being an added bonus, people build up a history and reputation. On a site such as this, that's missing and something else would need to be put in place to protect buyers.

Just my thoughts, it could be a good idea and potentially could work in the future. But for me personally I've listed 2 items on there as a test to use the site and see the type of person who'd contact me and it's certainly not encouraged me to let go of any money or items.

Hey fella,

You actually reached out to me through my blog regarding content. I did message back....

I'm on this site and in it's current format it's really tedious to use for the below reasons:

There's no easy way to see the posts you've created

No way to edit a post after creating, management page created but links to nothing

Message/notifications don't/didn't work

No feedback tracking, user history

Lack of sales template leads to items being sold with a sentence or two with no real details.

Pages don't work such as FAQ's, support pages leads to FAQ page, which doesn't work.

There's potential there, my biggest concern would be it is troll/spam heaven. No one on there has any history or way of being checked. Granted it's a relatively new site, it's a massive opportunity for spammers to go on whack £1000's of gear on there, take the money and leave. Considering the people using it are mostly new people (otherwise they'd be in here, Z1 and others already), they wont have the knowledge to avoid being scammed.

Where most forums are mainly for questions, general community stuff etc, with sales being an added bonus, people build up a history and reputation. On a site such as this, that's missing and something else would need to be put in place to protect buyers.

Just my thoughts, it could be a good idea and potentially could work in the future. But for me personally I've listed 2 items on there as a test to use the site and see the type of person who'd contact me and it's certainly not encouraged me to let go of any money or items.

Hi Hef,

I've currently on a 1 month ban due to Zuck and his hate for gun posts, i'm sorry if you are awaiting a response.

I'm going to take everything you have suggested and told me about onboard. Ill look to correct this asap.

I will look into a better sales template so information is easier and more detailed. We recently got a new feature completed and is due to be released so Items can be tagged so information about it, including its stock values are displayed to give users a better insight into what they are buying.

You are correct that pages are broken, unfortunately being the sole developer my priorities change and biggest issues take over. I'll look to implement a better way to manage broken links.

We are currently implementing paypal direct via braintree so users can buy items safely including having the money kept in limbo until the buyer confirms the items delivery but this is a legal nightmare and we wish to do it correctly (in the eyes of the law).

We are also happy to look into integration into things like IPB to link accounts for better validation and history on users, until we have a valid payment system in place. The ability for people to fake reviews and trick users mean we don't have a review system in place for sellers (Ill look into a better way to solve that).

I do want to create a way to sell and buy safely with little to zero risk of losing money but as you can tell its amazingly hard from a legal standpoint and im investigating trying to offset that to a payment gateway provider but so far its hard due to the nature of our sport.

Do keep the issues, suggestions or questions coming. Im happy to respond and action needed improvements.

Hi Hef,

I've currently on a 1 month ban due to Zuck and his hate for gun posts, i'm sorry if you are awaiting a response.

I'm going to take everything you have suggested and told me about onboard. Ill look to correct this asap.

I will look into a better sales template so information is easier and more detailed. We recently got a new feature completed and is due to be released so Items can be tagged so information about it, including its stock values are displayed to give users a better insight into what they are buying.

You are correct that pages are broken, unfortunately being the sole developer my priorities change and biggest issues take over. I'll look to implement a better way to manage broken links.

We are currently implementing paypal direct via braintree so users can buy items safely including having the money kept in limbo until the buyer confirms the items delivery but this is a legal nightmare and we wish to do it correctly (in the eyes of the law).

We are also happy to look into integration into things like IPB to link accounts for better validation and history on users, until we have a valid payment system in place. The ability for people to fake reviews and trick users mean we don't have a review system in place for sellers (Ill look into a better way to solve that).

I do want to create a way to sell and buy safely with little to zero risk of losing money but as you can tell its amazingly hard from a legal standpoint and im investigating trying to offset that to a payment gateway provider but so far its hard due to the nature of our sport.

Do keep the issues, suggestions or questions coming. Im happy to respond and action needed improvements.

Not a problem fella, I've had my share of bands on their recently.

None of my comments were meant to be negative, more constructive than anything else. It could defiantely work, but you're right that as it's payments and data there are 101 issues to consider.

Regarding the message, I'll PM on here.

Not a problem fella, I've had my share of bands on their recently.

None of my comments were meant to be negative, more constructive than anything else. It could defiantely work, but you're right that as it's payments and data there are 101 issues to consider.

Regarding the message, I'll PM on here.

I didn't take anything negative, Even if someone has something negative to say. Im happy to hear them out and make changes to improve the quality and performance of the application.

Welcome mate.

hi mate, welcome to the forum...

Welcome

Thanks guys, I hope I can make a positive contribution to the site.

I put up a few products to see what interest it draws, nice interface, a few areas here and there that could do with improvement (see Hef's post) but on the whole, a pain free experience. I don't think it will gain much traction in it's current form, needs to offer a certain degree of auditing but above all needs to offer something new. I did suggest to Zac that perhaps he could look into integrating an alternative defence system with weaponcrates tied with site owners - easier said than done of course. I personally stopped using UKARA 8 years ago now so a little out of the picture of it's exact workings so don't flame me - just an idea....

Welcome Zac!

Thanks man.

I put up a few products to see what interest it draws, nice interface, a few areas here and there that could do with improvement (see Hef's post) but on the whole, a pain free experience. I don't think it will gain much traction in it's current form, needs to offer a certain degree of auditing but above all needs to offer something new. I did suggest to Zac that perhaps he could look into integrating an alternative defence system with weaponcrates tied with site owners - easier said than done of course. I personally stopped using UKARA 8 years ago now so a little out of the picture of it's exact workings so don't flame me - just an idea....

I do agree with everything you said. I'll be making amendments to correct or improve as much as I can. Regarding the Alternative Defence System it will take a lot of work on the communities side to build that so if it's something that's needed later on once we get major issues ironed out its something we can talk about in much more detail.

Archived