Tm mk23 questions,

Careless
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys , just brought one new , filling the mag with gas i noticed theres no o-ring for the gas cann needle to seal against, so when filling up theres abit of gas loss and impossible to know when the mags full, im guessing there should be an o-ring?, also whats the best way to load these mags ? speed loader with gbbr adaptor? ,,cant belive how cheap the whole package feels especially the LAM unit, i was expecting it to not feel like a £20.00 spring pistol but the performance and sound suppression is pretty damn sweet! the suppressor on these really makes a differance....

• Supporters

Nope there is no o-ring, listen to the can you can hear the gas going in, but I normally give it 10-15secs

Yeah the lam is pants, but the guns finish is better then the ASG clone

That's how I load mine, I use one that looks like a m4 mag, has an inbuilt flip adapter

Also avoid green gas in the tm mags, there is an overpressure valve at the base that will start to leak. ASG mags fit (taiwangun's stti as well)

The TM mags are crap, they have an overpressure relief valve which means they don't always take green gas. They are noisy to fill. Best option would be buy some ASG Mk23 mags, they are less prone to leaks too!

I tend to load mine using a swear word after loading each BB, why they didn't put a slot at the bottom of the mag wide enough to load BBs I don't know. I generally load them by hand without a speedloader but an adapter may help.

Yup, any review (that I read prior to buying mine) said the same, it is cheap, nasty and just for show, just ditch it.

The sound suppression is ace and the gun is very accurate too if you can get used to the trigger pull.

ah , im wondering if its the gas then as im getting about a mag and halfs worth out of a gas fill, im using asg ultrair power gas , propane 90% butane 10% ,no mention of green gas on the cann but ill have a search and see if thats the same mix , what gas do you guys use? , got a game this sunday cant wait to use it :)

• Supporters

Sounds like the overpressure valve could be leaking, as I use armsgas and I am sure I get over 100 shots out of a mag

There is a method on how to "fix" the mag on the facebook mk23 owners. But if I am honest, like PT247 has said, get the ASG mags.

sound! just ordered asg mags :) ,also searched about the gas and the gas im using is green gas so im pretty sure the leak im getting when filling up is infact the relief valve going lol , thanks for the info guys...

didnt see your post spoon..

just found this , must be the same method as on the mk23 owners , looks easy enough to do so i'll probably do it tomo,,

• Supporters

Hmmmm never been a fan of sealant on o-rings.

I would advise that if you do want to run the gun on Sunday, that you don't attempt the fix till after, just in case something goes wrong.

Hmmmm never been a fan of sealant on o-rings.

I would advise that if you do want to run the gun on Sunday, that you don't attempt the fix till after, just in case something goes wrong.

yea i would agree seeing as it works fine , but iv just come back from doing it lol , its actually not too bad of a job once you drill out the pressed plug , the pressure relief valve is just a small brass end cap with an o-ring then a spring keeps that closed until the pressure counters that spring and it opens , technically you could just get a stronger spring and still retain the valve, but iv cleaned it all up and replaced the spring for sikaflex 291i marine Pu adhesive, its in quite a deep hole and its bladdy good adhesive so it should work a treat , thanks...

had awesome games with this today, wow! so much fun i actually ditched the AEG for it , once your behind enemy lines its amazing to how many people you can kill , even if you miss your first shot most of the time there totally oblivious to it, Had a few people that werent quite sure what was going on lol, love it! for the fun factor and the fact you can keep your stealth after you shoot idd say its the best airsoft gun iv owned! even if it feels like a £20 budget pistol...need a hefty supply of mags though lol

Archived