Raider locking up/misfiring

lafta

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My brother has an issue with his gun. As the title suggests, it regularly locks up or misfires in both fire modes.

Ultimately it will probably go to a tech. But just wondered if anyone has any ideas on the possible cause?

It's a CM16 Raider. The battery is definitely not the problem.

I realise this is really vague, I've searched around a bit but thought I might as well tap into the wealth of knowledge here.

• Supporters

if it is new then speak to retailer under warranty....

The symptoms are vague to say the least

locking up - how severe that it hardly moves again like gearing is shot

chipped/burr on gears, bushings could have failed and taken a tooth with them

even a bit of plastic chip off piston - if that is in between say a spur gear tooth it can lock up

if it just struggles to turn but turns over without too much strain - could be motor armature, brushes shot

though tbh I doubt it if gun was left running stock but could all the same be electrical than mechanical

However - the misfeed problem could be tappet/sector gear related and this could be all connected

BUT this is all still guesswork at best

Apart from replacing brozey bushings with solid shs bushings - not bearings

perhaps replacement gears may be needed and if knackered a new tappet plate & nozzle

plus a good old service AoE tweaks etc....

BUT I strongly advise first of all if there is any warranty left - speak to retailer and use the warranty

if it is s/hand and out of warranty then easiest thing is to ask at local place like Mall and see who they use/know/recommend

A lot easier than paying shipping both ways to send it off to somebody

very difficult to diagnose but if misfeed & lock up happened at same time I'd reckon the tappet & sector gear(s) need a look at

or at least that is an area to pay very close attention to when they get the box open

well it is still speculation - but get in touch with retailer first if you got any warranty left

best of luck

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.