G&G m16 is not showing any signs of life

Elliot155

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had my g&g gr16a2 for ages and just brought a few new batteries to see whether they'd bring it back to life but they don't :/ I'm not the best airsoft mechanic so need some help on a diagnostic and obviously don't wanna pay mega money to send it off. Please help me ! Haha

• Supporters

When you plug in a freshly charged battery and pull the trigger does it make any noise at all? If not it could just be a blown fuse - open the fuseholder in the wiring near the battery and check it.

If it makes a bit of noise in the pistol grip then chances are something has jammed.

• Supporters

If it's not the fuse a wire might have come loose on the motor - unscrew the base plate on the pistol grip and have a look. Don't lose the little metal disc that might fall out though. You'll need to make sure that goes back in when you put the plate back on.

• Supporters

Honestly I would recommened removing the fuse as it's such a huge bugger when it suddenly goes off - as long as you use suitable batteries, everything will be fine.

If the only protection in there is a fuse I would suggest you leave it in. Let's just say you fit a LiPo and the wiring in the gearbox wears against the side and shorts out. Do you want to blow a fuse or have your gun burst into flames?

You can put a piece of wire in place of the fuse JUST FOR A QUICK TEST ONLY, if stays intact but still doesn't go bang then that's fuse eliminated which would put it down to the wiring, if you still have the wiring connectors inside the buffer tube mount, it's possible one of them has disconnected

Go on YouTube for m4 disassembly videos & look at the wiring to see if anything's shorting out or a contact is desoldered

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.