Patrolbase glue query

BrightCandle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got a Krytac SPR from patrol base a while back (for those following this saga I am having a few issues getting what I want with this one) and I am having real trouble getting the buffer screw out. I usually just use an extension for my screwdriver that takes different heads but it couldn't provide enough torque with this one so I bought a philips 150mm screwdriver and have damaged the screw somewhat and its still not moved a little bit.

I know that patrolbase must have opened the gun as Krytac ships these with 380 fps springs and this one has a certification from patrolbase that its 315 fps. I am wondering if anyone else has had suspicion to believe they may have glued the buffer screw in? I just don't think this is ever going to come out and I have no idea how I will drill out something that far down the buffer tube safely and then find a replacement.

• Supporters

We DO NOT open the guns.
They are as shipped (nicely at 310-320 fps)

No one has messed with them since they left the factory doing 310-320.

At the shop this is what happens:

1. Gun arrives from supplier

2. Gun is booked into stock (this it the point where our website automatically updates and shows stuff as in stock again)

3. Stock is put onto a rack, one rifle is put on display in the shop.

4. Your order arrives online

5. Karl or James prints off the invoice

5. The invoice is put into a picking box (plastic tub we use to collect the items together so nothing is missed)

6. Karl, James, Alex, Jack, Andy or sometimes myself picks up the box, reads the invoice and then collects the items into the box

7. Any guns are tested on the range for function, automatic, safety feeding and FPS reading

8. If we are happy the gun works then it is packed and labeled for shipping.

9. The nice man from Interlink arrives and takes the parcels to the van and leaves.

If your rifle or pistol ordered from Patrol Base is opened up or modified in any way prior to shipping, you WILL be contacted either by phone or email.

No one that works in our workshop has ever opened a Krytac rifle of any kind beyond taking the stock off (not tube) and handguard for two toning, I did the work on both occasions someone ordered a two tone Krytac and I can safely say I have no intention of going any further into one. The tolerances on the parts are fantastic, so taking one apart and sticking it back together is dead easy. If anything is threadlocked or glued, it is like that because Krytac think they can build a gearbox better than some nutter in his shed, so don't want him opening it up and ruining anyuthing.

• Supporters

We DO NOT open the guns.

No one that works in our workshop has ever opened a Krytac rifle of any kind beyond taking the stock off (not tube) and handguard for two toning, I did the work on both occasions someone ordered a two tone Krytac and I can safely say I have no intention of going any further into one. The tolerances on the parts are fantastic, so taking one apart and sticking it back together is dead easy. If anything is threadlocked or glued, it is like that because Krytac think they can build a gearbox better than some nutter in his shed, so don't want him opening it up and ruining anyuthing.

Can vouch for that I had a CRB and SDP delivered the other week and they hadn't been opened or tampered with. Also had no problems taking a CRB to bits so not sure whats gone wrong with yours.

Trying to make this into a DMR has turned into a real pile of pain. I'll ask Krytac than, although I don't see how knowing if this happened or not helps me really at this point, I still have a weapon I can't open and I need to.

• Supporters

Trying to make this into a DMR has turned into a real pile of pain. I'll ask Krytac than, although I don't see how knowing if this happened or not helps me really at this point, I still have a weapon I can't open and I need to.

Theres a forum member by the name of Allizard who works for Krytac USA send him a PM hes quite helpful.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.