Help identifying a colt pistol GNBB

Berto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, this is a mystery gun. Got it from my uncle who has sadly passed away. I can't see any manufacturers marks on it. Can anyone identify it? It's got a 2 stage trigger, changeable grips and I'm unsure if it's age, poss 10+ years old.

36F74896-981E-452B-A588-91757F1177B5.jpg

Only marks I could find

3CC695A5-D000-4702-A17F-1107FD8FE4E8.jpg

8FC426E9-A182-4491-AAE3-25841BE5B6C5.jpg

• Supporters

Google is your friend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Commander#Colt_Combat_Commander_.281970.2B.29

Sorry - just noticed you were after the airsoft manufacturer not what the actual pistol is based on.

Combat Commander lol its a full size 1911 not commander size. looks like the Western Arms Gold Cup NBB I used to have except mine was silver. As NBB had to be either manually cocked or trigger cocked which 1911 don't do they chose rather cleverly to base it on a Rare Seecamp Double Action Conversion that was offered for Colts in the 80's. Seecamp then moved on to design a small DAO .32acp Pocket Pistol that loads of companies are know copying.

The trigger is actually that curvy think behind the new trigger. The new trigger activates a linkage behind the plate on the right hand side and cocks the gun the the secondary trigger presses on the original trigger and releases the sear to fire the gun.

I saw a real one in Bob Dunkleys Firearms in the nineties, coincidently that one was a Commander Size pistol and either Hard Chrome Plated or Stainless Steel. Oh and the grips with he large star on are Bianchi's, more famous for there holsters.

20 points to griffindor! That's spot on BigAl, that's s perfect discription. Western Arms Gold Cup NBB, now I can look for spares etc, thanks so much for the help, I really appreciate such a detailed response. I've got a spare set of plastic "chrome" grips too, but they are quite worn sadly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.