Newby to Airsoft

Hales84

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys/girls,

I'm new to Airsoft and I have yet to play in my first event. It's something I've been looking to get into for sometime I've just never really had the knowledge on what to do and how to get into Airsoft. I've been looking at weapons and what would be the best gun to start off with although I do like to the idea of shooting from a corner with a sniper rifle however, I'm unsure as to whether this would be a wise choice considering that I'm new to Airsoft and I'm looking for a little advice on what I should be looking for.

My nearest Airsoft skirmish is I believe Shildon, County Durham as I live in Teesside. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Play some games first and rent until you know enough to see if you like it.

To get a reasonable starter gun, you will need to invest around £150.

Dont be conned into buying a cheap two tone plinker which is designed as a garden toy.

Hi guys/girls,

I'm new to Airsoft and I have yet to play in my first event. It's something I've been looking to get into for sometime I've just never really had the knowledge on what to do and how to get into Airsoft. I've been looking at weapons and what would be the best gun to start off with although I do like to the idea of shooting from a corner with a sniper rifle however, I'm unsure as to whether this would be a wise choice considering that I'm new to Airsoft and I'm looking for a little advice on what I should be looking for.

My nearest Airsoft skirmish is I believe Shildon, County Durham as I live in Teesside. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello & welcome

yes a sniper would be a bad bad choice for first airsoft gun

i would suggest just get a mask/goggles maybe gloves

& find a local place for a couple of games as you have to rent for a while anyhow unless you want two-tone

see how it goes if you like it great get your 3 games under the belt in no less than 60 days get a defense & drool over all the cool stuff airsoft has to offer

then its all up to you on what gun you get

Thanks for the advice guys. Having played a high number of paintballing games I think Airsoft would be right up my street if not better than paintballing, having watched a number of YouTube videos this has wet my appetite more for Airsoft.Thanks b1n0gHo5t that's a gun I've been looking at. I'm definitely going to be making some purchases shortly and I'll book up at my local skirmish and see what Airsoft is all about

Hi there fella & welcome

I'm from Teesside too; over in Hartlepool. :)

Depending where you are, you're welcome to grab a lift; I play at Rifleworks in Consett & Khe sahn at Otley.

I'm actually off to RW this Sunday, so hit me up if interested!

I'm 30, Baz JJ

Thanks Sundown

Thanks Hudson I appreciate the offer and I'm more than happy to car share between us both to save on fuel. I didn't realise there was a skirmish in Consett I thought it was just in Shildon. I'm more than happy to drive to both to experience both skirmish's

Forgot to mention Hudson that I'm from Thornaby but I have no problems driving to Hartlepool to car share and I'm more than happy to pick you up on the way when car sharing

Yeah, there's a few around here of varying quality. You have Rifleworks, Nsc, Ntac, No Limits in Gateshead and Northern Alliance down past Northallerton, and more a bit further south.

There's also Stirling that run weekend events at catterick too!

In that case FWIW I would not buy any airsoft weapons yet, play three games, get UKARA and then go for a RIF.

A Sniper rifle is a bad first gun and needs a lot of money spent to get them anywhere decent.

Take time to find out what playing style appeals most.

I'm 30, Baz JJ

Hey dude, I'm a little north of you in Northumberland, about 10 miles from Whitley bay. Welcome to the site, loads of helpful advise here, I'm a newbie too and found everyone here friendly. Never knew there were so many sites up here looks like I have more choice than I first thought.

In that case FWIW I would not buy any airsoft weapons yet, play three games, get UKARA and then go for a RIF.

A Sniper rifle is a bad first gun and needs a lot of money spent to get them anywhere decent.

Take time to find out what playing style appeals most.

Thanks for the advice Baz JJ, I was thinking that as a first gun a sniper rifle wouldn't be the best idea so i think i'll be looking at an assault rifle to being with and then take it from there.

Yeah, there's a few around here of varying quality. You have Rifleworks, Nsc, Ntac, No Limits in Gateshead and Northern Alliance down past Northallerton, and more a bit further south.

There's also Stirling that run weekend events at catterick too!

I'll definitely be having a look at that then, my research clearly hasn't been that good as I thought the only Airsoft skirmish close by was NTAC in Shildon. That just makes things better and easier

Hey dude, I'm a little north of you in Northumberland, about 10 miles from Whitley bay. Welcome to the site, loads of helpful advise here, I'm a newbie too and found everyone here friendly. Never knew there were so many sites up here looks like I have more choice than I first thought.

Thanks Berto, I've found everyone friendly and welcoming and as a newbie I do need a lot of advice. I've watched a lot of YouTube vids just to get an idea and perspective on what its like. I'm hoping to go to a skirmish next weekend as i have a bit of free time from work. I do travel north quite a bit as my fiancee's mum lives in South Shields so an extra 10 mins drive to Gateshead or even 20 mins to other areas in Newcastle and its surrounding areas isn't too bad

I've just found rifleworks and they look like a good friendly site, might give them a try on the 26th. I've looked at nsc too but I think rifleworks will be my first port of call. http://www.rifleworksairsoft.co.uk/prices-booking

Hope we bump into each other a some time dude, would be good to learn the ropes with another noob.

I've watched loads of vids too, been trawling the forum too, trying to soak up the info and buying odd and sods here and there so I'm feeling much more confident about what it's all about now. Just ask loads of questions and everyone will offer loads of advice on here

I've just found rifleworks and they look like a good friendly site, might give them a try on the 26th. I've looked at nsc too but I think rifleworks will be my first port of call. http://www.rifleworksairsoft.co.uk/prices-booking

Hope we bump into each other a some time dude, would be good to learn the ropes with another noob.

I've watched loads of vids too, been trawling the forum too, trying to soak up the info and buying odd and sods here and there so I'm feeling much more confident about what it's all about now. Just ask loads of questions and everyone will offer loads of advice on here

I think i'm going to sample all the ones in the northeast and see which I prefer in terms of my style and what environment suits me best so i'm sure we will bump into one another at some point which would be good. I've made a few purchases so far, I've bought gloves, mask, and eye protection, all I need now is some scruffy old clothing for now and some boots and I should be good to go

I think i'm going to sample all the ones in the northeast and see which I prefer in terms of my style and what environment suits me best so i'm sure we will bump into one another at some point which would be good. I've made a few purchases so far, I've bought gloves, mask, and eye protection, all I need now is some scruffy old clothing for now and some boots and I should be good to go

Cool, let me know if you are planning on any visits and I'll see if im free.

They're not running on the 26th fella; they're open this Sunday, which I'm off to & then fortnightly.

As I am newbie I've had a question that I've been looking for a answer for, I might be sounding a little dumb here but can someone tell me in leymans terms what a "Hop up" is?

As I am newbie I've had a question that I've been looking for a answer for, I might be sounding a little dumb here but can someone tell me in leymans terms what a "Hop up" is?

It's a little rubber sleeve & nub that pushes down on the BB to give it 'backspin' to help increase range.

It's a little rubber sleeve & nub that pushes down on the BB to give it 'backspin' to help increase range.

Ahhh right, that would explain why I keep hearing about them on Sniper rifles

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.