Advice needed on lipo charger

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm moving from nicads to lipos. I have a mosfet, and a 7.4v battery which is wired nunchuck style so that it will fit in the crane stock of my tactical AK.

THe thing is, I'm a bit baffled on what to get for a cheap charger. The cheap ones seem to either come without a UK plug, or are badged as 2-3s, and I can't work out if, with a nunchuck style type battery, it has 3 cells or 6?

I've found this: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-battery-chargers/le3-lipo-and-life-battery-balance-charger.htm#.VZl0BEqkqrU

Any good? Any alternative better? Any advice would be gratefully received!

IMAX B6...like £17 off Hobby King, genuine model. About £9-£10 for the power supply.

........and like the same in shipping. In my experience, for small orders hobbykings shipping can be the same as the actual item!

I k=just have an imax b3 and whilst my lipos havent arrived yet, it seems fine. Its the same as those WE/Nuprol ones around

What's the advantage of the B6 over the one I linked to? Just wanna make sure I understand.

Cheers

The b6 Has a lot more features. It can charge more cells, it has memory functions and different/better charging modes.

The biggest advantage of the Imax B6 over the Patrol Base LE-3 charger will be the much faster charging times.

The LE-3 is only a 1A output charger where as the B6 is a 5A.

Here's a low priced power supply to match the B6.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-FREE-P-P-12V-5A-Power-Supply-Rc-Lipo-iMAX-B6-Balance-Charger-/381022145789?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58b6b08cfd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.