TTIP - "Death of Democracy"

two_zero

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Yeah this is massively dodgy, they tried to push through a similar proposal in the 90s and got stopped. I absolutely do not trust any of the governments that have served in my lifetime to put our interests first. I'm sure they would sort the NHS out if thinning out the useless management involved a lot of backhanders.

Seems this might lead to massive attacks on the NHS as well from the talk. It is a bit concerning, because they have tried to push things like these quite rapidly lately and people only have to much attention. I think most are still tired after the massive efforts put into preventing ACTA.

Just keep it up and tell your friends, thats all we can do!

Perhaps Oceania will be better to live in than Eurasia

TTIP is another good indicator we don't live in true democracy, its more like corporate feudalism. It's even more so in America, hence why this treaty is necessary to make better bedfellows of them.

I've always considered our 'democracy' like electing the manager of your local McDonalds. Their management might make the price of a burger go up or down, the service might get better or worse, but the burger still tastes the same and the profit still goes to some invisible bastard(s).

McNHS is inevitable, we've already let the US giant pharmaceutical companies in and they're just bleeding the NHS, which we keep on having to top-up to stop it dying. The only way for it to survive would be if the drugs/treatments were being developed by the NHS, not bought by them. A good example of the value of this industry is my local Morrison supermarket; it looses money as a supermarket due to much larger and better local competition and only keeps open due to the extreme profits made by the pharmacy, as people don't shop around for drugs, they just go to nearest place, and this Morrison is well positioned in an affluent area full of pandered middle-class and rotting pensioners.

We need new industries and influx of cash to keep our place near the top of the pyramid scheme, this deal will help do that. The main concern for me is the timing of the deal, we've been very kind to corporations to try and encourage growth/deals and their current 'rate' is very favorable to them. TTIP will mean corporations can sue us if we change law resulting in direct loss of profit, so we'll be stuck with what was intended to the government equivalent of a introductory offer. Like if you sign up for Sky TV for only £10 for the first six months (rising to £50 after) and then you get the ability to sue Sky when they try to raise it to £50 after that six months.

• 5 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.