Import tax? - Hong Kong to UK

Guest RektnNekt

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest RektnNekt

Right I'm sure this has been answered a million times but I just want to be sure.

So, a ridiculously long suppressor has caught my eye (some 335mm long) and well, as with everything on eBay, Hong Kong has the lowest prices and the stock numbers.

So it costs basically £20 with free delivery. Now, if I order this ridiculously long suppressor, would it be subject to customs delay and tax? Or is it just going to be delivered as usual.

I mean, it isn't exactly a pricey item which threatens the markets - it isn't even in the UK in stock. The only in stock one is the shorter one (but that won't do :D).

Also, says delivery would be estimated between the 20th and the 30th. Anyone actually bought from a Hong Kong retailer to comment on how long it actually takes?

OR

Does anyone know of any unnecessarily long suppressors which are based here in the UK? Not looking for a price tag through the roof please. Seen some pretty cool ones, but they hit £80 which is ridiculous for a cosmetic accessory. Then again, there are people on Counter Strike GO paying £260 for a knife skin. Anyway, I want something that is like 240mm or more.

I've seen some guns where it looks as if the suppressor is actually the outer barrel - how? Do they just get an outer barrel where the threads just comes out of the handguard? That'd be pretty cool too.

Anyway, I'm not looking to use this long ass suppressor in games, it is purely just a cosmetic for my own personal viewing experience.

Your worse case scenario is being stung for about £10-20 by Parcel Force or whatever courier company takes over shipment when it gets to UK. Depends if it's considered an airsoft part or not by customs.

I'm assuming your putting a long suppressor on an M4 so you can fit a longer inner barrel in it?

Guest RektnNekt

Your worse case scenario is being stung for about £10-20 by Parcel Force or whatever courier company takes over shipment when it gets to UK. Depends if it's considered an airsoft part or not by customs.

I'm assuming your putting a long suppressor on an M4 so you can fit a longer inner barrel in it?

Yeah that is pretty much the reason :) I didn't want the stock barrel which had that fixed triangle sight, and the shorter one I have it quite a bit smaller and doesn't fit the best (no hex screw holes so I don't trust it). So, I decided to get a really short barrel (one where only the thread comes out of the handguard) so I can just slap a really long suppressor on there.

I cut the foresight of my cm16 cqb rifle then put a 10" free float ris to cover it all, I've got about a 1" of suppressor showing

I cut the foresight of my cm16 cqb rifle then put a 10" free float ris to cover it all, I've got about a 1" of suppressor showing

Do this. Ive done the same but my suppresor starts at the end of the rail, doesnt go in it.

also mate what length barrel are you putting in there? Must be over 500mm to need 350mm of suppresor. if you're whachking that in a stock combat machine you need to get a portless cylinder and possibly even an upgraded spring, or your fps wont be alot.

I've never been charged import duty / tax etc by customs. Generally I think good advice is to try and keep orders under £50 to avoid them, although apparently you are supposed to be subject to tax over £10 or so.

Retailers usually declare the contents as being worth a lot less than you actually paid to avoid charges.

Guest RektnNekt

Do this. Ive done the same but my suppresor starts at the end of the rail, doesnt go in it.

also mate what length barrel are you putting in there? Must be over 500mm to need 350mm of suppresor. if you're whachking that in a stock combat machine you need to get a portless cylinder and possibly even an upgraded spring, or your fps wont be alot.

Yeah I was going to upgrade it but it seems that it will be quite costly for me at the moment. However, I found an over barrel suppressor from a UK retailer (gonna cost me about £35) and only goes a couple (maybe 2 or 3) centimetres over my inner. But it covers the whole outer barrel (the thread starts about 115mm inside the suppressor, which is just enough space.)

Guest RektnNekt

I've never been charged import duty / tax etc by customs. Generally I think good advice is to try and keep orders under £50 to avoid them, although apparently you are supposed to be subject to tax over £10 or so.

Retailers usually declare the contents as being worth a lot less than you actually paid to avoid charges.

Okay that is good to hear :) thank you, I'm sure I will order from there eventually.

I've hopped plans with my CM16 and will try to keep it within reason - I will get another gun like an M14 as Monty suggested for a DMR style weapon.

Does anyone know where I can *cheaply* find a replica EOTech and maybe a 3x magnifier?

I'm planning on getting a pdi barrel from Japan from x-fire for £55 shipped. Do you think I'd have to pay import tax on this?

Guest RektnNekt

I'm planning on getting a pdi barrel from Japan from x-fire for £55 shipped. Do you think I'd have to pay import tax on this?

Not sure, I was planning on getting their EOTech and 3x magnifier package (about £65). Although it'd save me a few pounds if I just bought them individually and possibly tax. But from what these guys have said, they'll either claim the package is worth less than it is, or you'll possibly be taxed on orders over around £50

Import duty? No. VAT? Yes. £11 of it. This link - https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty needs to be pinned somewhere and so does http://www.dutycalculator.com

That's still not bad so 65 quid for a pdi barrel which costs £120 in the UK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.