Helmets what's everyone recommending to a newbie

Goosebaby

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been looking at a helmet it's a fast helmet with built in visor but it's plain.tan can you get a camo cover that won't interfeir with the rails etc

Also is it a good.idea to get them with the built in visor

Was also looking at the mitch I think or can anyone recommend a good helmet

The one with built in visor is not ballistic rated though dude so make sure if you do get one to keep proper ballistic eye pro under the visor anyway.

And yea you can get covers and just unscre the rails the refit em over the cover.

Yeah you can get covers for 'em, 'bout £10 for a fast helmet cover or about £5 for a mich helmet cover.

You can also buy them painted with camo or spray your own camo.

the visors are personal choice, but they will absolutely not stop a bb, impact rated eye pro must be worn under those visors.

• Supporters

Thanks guys much appreciated as I say I'm new but want to have decent kit that will last and keep me safe ;)

Depends how "safe" you want to be. Any cheap replica will stop BBs but none of them are any "safer" than a cheap cycle helmet. If that's OK for you then I would suggest getting an FMA one from ebay (the Emerson ones are not as nice). If on the other hand you actually want one that'll properly save your head from a decent bump then you're into real ones and they cost a crapping fortune!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.