rewiring a cyma 046

kerby91

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok so I've just got a cyma 046 and whilst it's cool (had the tactical kit fitted already haha) but i want to put an m4 stock on it. When I bought it didn't realise it has the battery in the stock.

Haven't had chance to open it up yet, but was wondering if possible to rewire it (I know it is)...essentially is there room in the receiver for a stick battery or should I get an ak-m4 adaptor, then an m4 buffer tube and stock to house the battery?

• Supporters

Most "old school" AKs have the battery under the top cover laid flat along the top of the gearbox so yes, you should be able to get one in there!

I did that on my older AK47, stick types fit fine for me up top in the receiver.

Yeah I thought it would be possible (id really like a skeleton under folding stock tbh), but the space looks helluva tight. When I get time ill strip it down and have a look see

• Supporters

for the folding under stock you need a different receiver....

the one you might have has the hole/mounts at rear of receiver for normal ak stock or m4 stock tube

the folding underneath stock has the other type of receiver without rear hole/mount and

round holes just above pistol grip at receiver's sides for folding understock or a compact stockless cqb mofo

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152189393-JG0510MG.html

what you could do is fit a m4 stock adapter on there and then a full size m4 fixed stock and shove in a 5000mah battery

never have to worry about changing battery again - though Ian may ban you for life though - go on I dare ya

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.