Is it socially acceptable (within airsoft) to wear UBACs without a rig?

Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

At the Mall the mood was getting quite horrible and the organisers got us all together and gave us a good talking to. The key point was that in all the big fancy gear it was easy to miss the fact we had actually been hit, especially when moving when you can't hear the impacts over the other noise. They made the point how often do you call a hit in the area of your chest rig verses the rest of you, and I realised how many hits I must have not taken in the past. Its odd how you mostly get hit around your rig but rarely on it especially when moving? Even odder for when its the centre of your chest no?!

Made me think. Its one of the other big reasons I don't use a plate carrier and why these days I use an african assault vest. it all sits on the sides and rear and it dramatically improves the chance of me feeling a hit. I wish more people had been at that talk and felt like I felt about the very likely situation that you had been hit and not noticed because of all your gear. I care so much about it I now wear a very different loadout and I wish others would as well.

The Mall staff are pretty good for this. I got told by one of the marshals that I'd been hit on the shoulder strap of my chest rig. Hadn't felt a thing! Which much like yourself, got me to wondering how many other times it had happened and made me look like I wasn't taking my hits!

• Supporters

At the Mall the mood was getting quite horrible and the organisers got us all together and gave us a good talking to. The key point was that in all the big fancy gear it was easy to miss the fact we had actually been hit, especially when moving when you can't hear the impacts over the other noise. They made the point how often do you call a hit in the area of your chest rig verses the rest of you, and I realised how many hits I must have not taken in the past. Its odd how you mostly get hit around your rig but rarely on it especially when moving? Even odder for when its the centre of your chest no?!

Made me think. Its one of the other big reasons I don't use a plate carrier and why these days I use an african assault vest. it all sits on the sides and rear and it dramatically improves the chance of me feeling a hit. I wish more people had been at that talk and felt like I felt about the very likely situation that you had been hit and not noticed because of all your gear. I care so much about it I now wear a very different loadout and I wish others would as well.

Thats why I use a Viper tac vest still got plenty of carry space but its mainly mesh so you feel hits better.

Never understood why some people wear so much protection especially the hard shell stuff.

Never understood why some people wear so much protection

Because airsoft is 5% fun, 95% fashion show.

I've turned up to skirmishes and never fired a shot, I just parade around in all my gear looking operator as... then at lunch change outfit and repeat. plus all the action going on around me makes for amazing profile picture grade selfies!!!

• Supporters

Because airsoft is 5% fun, 95% fashion show.

I've turned up to skirmishes and never fired a shot, I just parade around in all my gear looking operator as... then at lunch change outfit and repeat. plus all the action going on around me makes for amazing profile picture grade selfies!!!

That was sarcasm right?

Difficult to tell with some airsofters lately. Its getting a bit Kardashians go airsofting sometimes.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.