Double Eagle L96 - bolt issue

FelPyre

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there guys,

I'm not too keyed up on terminology I'm afraid so I'll try to explain this as best I can -

I'm having issues with my bolt action Double Eagle L96, when I pull the bolt back it will not actually lock properly and will just return to the start position. It still loads a BB into the chamber but that's about it.

I've heard the trigger box might need replacing but I'm hoping it's just a spring or something.

Any assistance/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Update - in hindsight I may have put this in the wrong forum - my bad!

• Supporters

sounds like the sear is not resetting correctly. head over to airsoft sniper parks UK, and see if they have replacement sears B)

ASG AW .308
Made in the same factory as the DE version, the ASG AW.308 is a hybrid rifle despite it looking like the common Well MB-01.

This rifle uses APS2 Type96 Cylinders*, spring guides, cylinder heads, springs and hop buckings. However the trigger and piston use 45 degree surfaces.

If you wish to udnertake a simple upgrade you can use L96 spring guides and VSR M170 springs. However if you wish to upgrade them properly you will have to convert them to the MB-01 format.

You'll need to replace the whole trigger, piston, spring guide, spring and cylinder.**

Parts are available from our webstore here:
http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/apps/webstore/products/category/885483?page=1

* Cylinder locking section at rear of bolt handle is different from standard MB-01 thus, MB-01 cylinders will fit (there's no alternative) however the rear back pice doesn't lock into place which can allow the bolt handle to over rotate however careful cocking technique will prevent this.

** Some filing may be required around entry of receiver to allow upgrade cylinder to slide in smoothly.

This rifle is a hybrid, it can be tricky to upgrade, if possible avoid and opt for the Well MB-01 version.

There are no known hop upgrades available. However the hop unit can be replaced with our Air Seal hop chamber if used with an AEG barrel.

Hi there guys,

I'm not too keyed up on terminology I'm afraid so I'll try to explain this as best I can -

I'm having issues with my bolt action Double Eagle L96, when I pull the bolt back it will not actually lock properly and will just return to the start position. It still loads a BB into the chamber but that's about it.

I've heard the trigger box might need replacing but I'm hoping it's just a spring or something.

Any assistance/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Update - in hindsight I may have put this in the wrong forum - my bad!

Right so I don't know for certain if this is the problem but see the screws you put into the Trigger Box to attach it to your Upper Receiver they have Spacers and if these break and the Screws are too tight due to this missing spacer the sears dont connect and the rifle wont bolt like you said i had to change to a metal trigger set due to the stock one being plastic and the spacer breaking on it on my Well MB01 i have attached a picture of where the spacer is and circled it in red for you to see

http://postimg.org/image/6mt0v8s07/

Best of luck

Fenris 360

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.