Newbie question on gun prices/quality

Gobra

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello AF UK!

Newbie here from Sykehouse - Doncaster!

Ok so I have a question that I hope you guys can help me with. I currently have an Umarex H&K G36c, I think its a great gun, it is very very accurate, comes with a tight bore barrel, made of polymer just like the real thing, full metal internals and 340-360 fps, has great rails on which I have added a holographic sight to the top and angled fore-grip on the bottom, all for around £120!

My question is, what would I get, that is any better by buying a gun that costs £100-£200 more?? I am confused at what else can be improved that is worth another couple of hundred pounds. The gun is advertised as a starter weapon, so what do pro weapons have that is better?

I hope you can help, thanks in advance!

Hello AF UK!

Newbie here from Sykehouse - Doncaster!

Ok so I have a question that I hope you guys can help me with. I currently have an Umarex H&K G36c, I think its a great gun, it is very very accurate, comes with a tight bore barrel, made of polymer just like the real thing, full metal internals and 340-360 fps, has great rails on which I have added a holographic sight to the top and angled fore-grip on the bottom, all for around £120!

My question is, what would I get, that is any better by buying a gun that costs £100-£200 more?? I am confused at what else can be improved that is worth another couple of hundred pounds. The gun is advertised as a starter weapon, so what do pro weapons have that is better?

I hope you can help, thanks in advance!

What you get for paying more for a "pro" gun is better external and internal quality, that's pretty much it.

I'm not so sure that those g36c come with tightbore barrels stock... especially for £120.

Other things you could improve but not necessary:

• Increase fire rate - add more intimidation factor and chances of hitting someone. Also, if cheater doesn't take one hit, he certainly will be saying hello to a horde of them.
  • Hop up - chamber and bucking; increase range and accuracy.
  • Externals - Add more fancy furniture; show off them bling parts to those "stock" plebs.

• Supporters

Not really. Basic chinese guns - like umarex - cleaned and re-shimmed are pretty much on par performance-wise with more expensive ones.

I always mention that the most accurate out of box gun, after cleaning, I ever held was a Boyi G36c and I've held quite a lot of guns.

Aesthetically cheaper ones are usually not that great, but there are exceptions too.

On wear and break downs it doesn't matter if it's cheap or middle range. A G&P will break down sooner than a chinese one in general. But that's only statistics. A specific gun will break down randomly. High end ones, like Marui do work fine for years most of the time.

So if you get a cheaper AEG, clean it, get a red dot and use proper BBs, you will get the performance on par with any gun. From that point it is your skills that need upgrading for some years. When you have the experience, you can be more effective with the crappiest gun ever than most of the players.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah i'd mostly aesthetic, like when you hold a G&P M4 next to a G&G M4 you can see the difference in external polish, but shoot pretty much the same

I've seen an ex rental G36 (probably JG or summat) that was stripped and rebuilt with better parts (Gearbox and Hop wise) and was monstrously good. I think the guy said it cost him less than 250 quid in total

I wish thats how i started airsoft. You know when new airsofters ask the 'what gun should i buy' question and you tell them to rent, and full metal isn't always better, and they don't listen. I was one of them that didn't listen. Now I have a polymer SMG and Airsoft is much more fun (and less lumping around a long metal M4)

I personally am not a fan of G36's but if you want a pro cheap gun look no further than DYTAC's combat series range doing full metal bodied guns with great accuracy.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.