Hi from Essex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all... Are there many 40yr olds in airsoft lol? I blame my boys for this but I'm about to go to Dragons Lair at Kelvedon hatch this Sunday for my first game. I've had a Japanese Beretta in my loft for the best part of twenty years (probably the early days of airsoft for the UK), bought on a whim and never used in anger. Also have acquired a king arms vltor m4 from a family member along with some other bits so for a noob I have a reasonable level of kit (lucky me). If anyone is there this Sunday come and say hi, I'll be the beardy git shouting HIT a lot probably lol.

Rockingdad

• Supporters

Haha, welcome. I believe we have some "vets" on here, but I am not one of them :)

Forty ? - nah, lots of older people than that play airsoft. I'm in my fifties and we have older than that both on this forum and out there in games.

I live on the edge of Essex, just as it touches Hertfordshire and haven't played at the Lair. My skirmish site was AWA in Sawbridgeworth.

Actually, older people play different airsoft. Because we cant sprint around like the worlds on fire, it becomes more tactical and dependent on teamwork.

Probably why I started to veer towards milsim rather than skirmishing as its more about planning and tactics.

Airsoft is really a good way to bond with your kids and do something together.

Yes we have a dad who brought his 15 year old son last milsim. They fought on the same squad in the same force and both enjoyed themselves.

I have to say the milsim side attracts me more :)

Yes we have a dad who brought his 15 year old son last milsim. They fought on the same squad in the same force and both enjoyed themselves.

And they defected to the rebels together as well.

I am kind of old as well, don't worry amongst the teenagers you'll find plenty of other middle aged and sometimes very old players. I met a Australian Vietnam vet in Total Warfare Airsoft taking his grandson.

Different sites have different age ranges, you'll find more adults at places like UCAP sandpit and billericay then you do at TWA and the mall. The more milsim like it is the older people seem to get on average in my experience.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.