Hey. Been looking for a new hobbie/sport

shortman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys

Names Tom, iv got an airsoft game booked for a mates bday in a few months but plan on going to my first game sooner as me and my younger bro are keen to get into airsoft.

Im in the process of buying my first house and so im looking for a cheaper hobbie than modified cars, i had to sell up all the car stuff to help fund the deposit.

Few random questions, are all gun parts interchangeable? So eg all m4 stocks should fit all m4's?

I know i need a ukara to be able to purchase so i plan on getting that started soon. I have my eye on the pts rm4 scout as my first gun (as long as i enjoy airsoft, which i think i will) is this a good gun? Any that are better for around a simlar price?

Cheers in advance guys.

• Supporters

scratched record but you could get a 2-tone G&G M4 or something to get ukara'd

start slowly and buy the more expensive guns if you really love it and can afford it

you can get by with a decent starter G&G M4 - Cyma AK - JG 36c

most started with much worse 2-tones from crappy BB gun sites

try zero one - lwa - airsoftworld.net - firesupport - patrolbase - ooh there are a few more

but you don't have to go nutz from day one

oh n welcome to forum

Most decent guns are Tokyo Marui compatible - or TM compatible

The parts inside "should" fit in ok but often they might need a tiny bit of file/modding to fit & work 101% correctly

there is always the odd tiny difference from one make of ver 2 gearbox to another

but in general when replacing bits they will fit in there if you are doing it properly and checking as you reassemble

Stocks - there are all interchange-able - well usually, so you can fit different bits on there - usually

so you can mod/customise your gun quite easily to your own personal touch

only if you buy really crappy cheap rubbish do you often find more hassle changing stuff over

Guest PT247

if you buy an RM4 you'll not look back, best AEG I have owned (and I've had a few!). Fantastic range and accuracy out the box, already covered in Magpul parts so really don't need any cosmetic mods imo and shoots as good if not better than some guns that cost way more... also has recoil for extra pew pew pew factor! :D

Thanks for the welcome mate :) im quite happy with modding and working on things. Im an electrician by trade and not one car iv had over the years that i worked on had many bolt on parts, most things needed work to fit.

I have considered a g&g m4 as it seems alot of guys have had em and still do as a back up or lend a mate gun.

I like the pts as it has recoil and not too many electric m4's seem to from what iv seen? Its more a gas thing.

Sorry to repeat what im sure has been discussed a million times before.

Welcome to the forum! :)

You're right there aren't many electric guns with 'recoil' (really just a vibration, but a lot more fun to shoot)

There's the Tokyo Marui 'Recoil Shock' range, but they're ~ £450+

Bolt, but apparently they break quickly (ERG RM4 is nicer anyway)

Lastly will mention G&P. They tried it but doesn't seem to have been very popular at all (the recoil feature seems non-existent)

Downside with the PTS ERG is that I don't know anywhere which has them in stock anymore? Maybe Redwolf...LWA sold out ages ago then suddenly had 2 or 3 back in stock again - went quickly

Also if you wanted to swap out the handguard for a RIS there's no space for the battery so you'd have to use a battery box like an AN/PEQ-15 replica

KWA were supposed to release a new rear-wired version but never did

G&Gs are definitely a good choice as a starter gun, can't go wrong with them at all (I only know ONE exception which is the M416s -called the T418 I think- which come with sh*t MOSFETs)

Depends what your budget is really...

I'd like to say that parts were interchangeable as with real M4s but really aren't

Some guns will be very specific with which magazines they will take (as in how well they actually fit in the magwell and the feeding etc)

On my sh*tty CYMA M4 I have tried a PTS ACS stock but it wobbles a lot, yet would probably work fine on a G&G and others

You'll probably have most problems with cheaper guns as the better quality rifles are made to more accurately to exact dimensions and tighter tolerances closer to real firearms

Hope this helps and it's alright to repeat stuff, it happens all the time from beginners and experienced guys

It's a complicated hobby + people learn about guns themselves and all the different airsoft manufacturers and then there's regulations we have don't help - probably puts a lot of people off and especially with the amount of misinformation that goes around about it being a licence and so on

• Supporters

Welcome to airsoft.

I will warn you if you get into it its as addictive as crack and just as expensive.

Cant comment on the RM4 I have never used one PT247 above is always raving about it and most importantly actually owns one so I would listen to his advice. Main thing is try it out with a rental for a few games then buy the one you want most, listen to advice but in the end its your money your choice. It isnt cheap especially when the wife starts threatening to leave because you spend all your time playing with your weapon not her.

Guest PT247

I love my gas guns (and HPA) but the RM4 gets the most use as it is rock solid, reliable and as said accurate and awesome range... mine chronoed at last game day 349, 348, 350, 349 fps on my last game day on 0.2g BBs so is bang on the limit with the hop set for 0.3g BBs.

Gas guns are great but not the best first gun, an RM4 will spoil you tbh as I really would struggle to find a more fun reliable gun to shoot! :-)

Cheers for the info guys, i think the pts is the one for me by the sounds of it. The gf will be ok ish with the money i spend i think as long as im still doing work on the house. Some of the parts i ysed to import from japan nearly got me killed by her a few times! So iv learned to run fast and hide from her well haha.

Are you aloud to respray a two tone once you have been ukara approved? As id consider buying a cheaper gun after my first go at a game to to start building up some gear but dont realy want a bright ass gun for the rest of its life.

• Supporters

need ukara to buy/import etc....

(they will ask for it or they will paint it & charge you - well evike will)

& will get raped with Royal Mail Custom charges on top

most will paint a 2-tone or spill a bit of paint whilst decorating

a little iffy but your site and most on here won't give a toss really

we try to avoid too many ukara vcra posts coz it always provoke quotes from it

(truth is nobody on here will care much anyway)

The main thing is don't be a dick with ya gun - get a bag

and conduct yourself in a responsible-ish way - thus not drawing attention

wave anything like that around in public and you will get ya ar$e slapped

seriously - 2tone "touch-up" is not gonna be a problem unless you are a dick

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.