STOLEN GEAR

jay83

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys sad to say all my gear was stolen out my van yesterday. Its taken me 2/3 years to perfect my loadout and was all taken. If anyone see's a KWA RIS or WE on forums in the Kent area please let me know. Alot of the stuff eg Kit was priceless to me as ive had it all tailored and customized and its resell value is worthless. Im totaly gutted and to be honest its not really sunk in 100%.

Thanks guys

Jay

More in depth details of your guns? Colour(s), any known marks or damage we could match with someone selling, accessories, furniture on the gun, pieces of kit (clothing I assume too) stolen etc? What was the WE?

Details man, details!

• Supporters

Hi Jay83, I'm really sorry to hear about your kit. I presume you've raised this with the police already, fingers crossed they know of a scrote in the area likely to be responsible and your kit is returned asap.

As DEDSEC says (although recalling this stuff may be a sensitive subject) details would be really helpful. Especially a couple of photos if you have them of as much kit as you have. Get it out onto as many of the forums and facebook pages as you can find. Contact as many of your local sites as possible (UCAP would probably be a good one to get hold of). I'll let the guys I know in the kent area.

Thanks guys,

Was a KWA CQR but id taken the front round hand grip off and added a RIS. It has a PEQ 16 (large ones) Battery box on front and a Holo sight. Was upgraded inside

The WE is a Sig 228 just standard looking, upgraded inside ect.

My assault vest had elastic side vents added as well as x4 Fast Mag pouches cable tied to front and a Mini Map at the back.

As well as all that i have Bulldog Sling, 10,000 rounds ammo, x2 lipos, 5.11 gloves, Boots, knee pads, x10 + M4 mags, x2 extra 228 Mags, speed loaders, 228 Serpa, The list goes on and on.

Im totally gutted, what bastards some people are.

• Supporters

Cheers Jay, I know it must be hard thinking about your kit that you've worked so hard on.

But having additional details out there makes it more likely things will turn up.

This doesn't help you but reminds me, best idea if we all haven't already is to mark our kit in ways it cannot be removed or altered without damaging the kit. Preferably in places only we will know it's there.

• Supporters

Jay, I'm a member on a couple of other forums namely Airsofters, Gunman and Zero In, do you want me to post this to those forums for you as well?

Hopfully you get some of your gear back. It's got to be a sore one but look on the bright side you get to buy more guns. Will your insurance payout for the loss of these items?

Thanks guys.

Someone just suggested next time marking all my gear with a UV pen. not a bad idea. I think it was prob someone trying to steel tools out my works van. Guess i gotta start again.

Best-case solution would be a Judge Dread dna-trigger-lock that blows your arm off if you're not the owner, but UV def good idea.

Hope the thieving fukers OD, and their dealer is dumb enough to try sell the guns online!

Definitely worth asking local gun/fishing shops if they've had any related enquiries, a friend of mine had his air-rifle nicked and they ended up catching the thief after my mate phoned round local gun shops and found one that had had a grey-eye'd junkie ask them about value/how to sell a gun of his make/model. CCTV footage from the shop showed the guy and the cops were very familiar with who it was.

Unfortunately this kind of investigation has to be done yourself, and if you do get a 'lead' it'll take a painfully long phone-call to the cops to get them to act on it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.