Where to get a gun fixed

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I dont think it matters what way itt's wired up, it's just a switch. While the box is open you can run a test to see if it's the trigger. Connect the battery and motor and use a separate wire and link the two wires going into the trigger. If you're quick and hold the wire tight you shouldn't really get an arc. If your motor spins that means something is wrong with the trigger.

Ok, here the area I think y'all asked to see. If it's not, I'll go take more pics.

Nothing to do with the electrical side, but is that metal shavings under your bevel gear in the first picture?

• Supporters

Nothing to do with the electrical side, but is that metal shavings under your bevel gear in the first picture?

Nope, just shiny grease

• Supporters

unfortunatly, no. also, until I get new connectors for my battery, I cant. shouldnt be too long

• Supporters

Aright, I am now in a position to test the motors; and about to get a bill for my jump into electrical (airsoft) engineering. Got a soldering kit already (done quite a bit of that already), as well as solder, a few meters of wires, wire cutters, wire strippers, and more. About to buy a bunch or deans and mini-t connectors, shrink wrap, and more... Anyway, is this an ok (and safe (ish)) setup to bypass the trigger and attempt to activate the motor? I've got my pilot flame-proof gloves at the ready just in case I set my bed sheets on fire...

Also, you can see the battery I melted the mini-t connectors on...

• Supporters

By-passed the trigger yet?

And should I be getting anything else at the same time (multimeter?)?

• Supporters

Haha, I don't actually do that on my bed. I got a table downstairs I've set up as my shop; to the dismay of my mother. I got away with it when I was doing school engineering projects, but until I get a better option, the unused room will be my workplace.

Q

Aright, I am now in a position to test the motors; and about to get a bill for my jump into electrical (airsoft) engineering. Got a soldering kit already (done quite a bit of that already), as well as solder, a few meters of wires, wire cutters, wire strippers, and more. About to buy a bunch or deans and mini-t connectors, shrink wrap, and more... Anyway, is this an ok (and safe (ish)) setup to bypass the trigger and attempt to activate the motor? I've got my pilot flame-proof gloves at the ready just in case I set my bed sheets on fire...

Also, you can see the battery I melted the mini-t connectors on...

Thats fine, definitely change the battery connectors!

If you wanted to check the motor you could just connect the motor straight to the battery. Would be easier with two people as the motor spins pretty fast.

To check the trigger, set up like the picture but split the gearbox. Use another wire and connect it to the two wires on the trigger. If the motor spins (maybe do it test after the motor test) it means the trigger needs replacing.

• Supporters

Q

Thats fine, definitely change the battery connectors!

If you wanted to check the motor you could just connect the motor straight to the battery. Would be easier with two people as the motor spins pretty fast.

To check the trigger, set up like the picture but split the gearbox. Use another wire and connect it to the two wires on the trigger. If the motor spins (maybe do it test after the motor test) it means the trigger needs replacing.

yea, got a bunch of deans and mini-t male and female ends on the way. ill test the motor when I get home.

• Supporters

yep; the ts are just so i have some extras on hand. Ill probably leave my p90 and mp40 on mini-t, if they ever need work like my M4 does, then ill switch them over in the process. But if it aint broken, dont fix it.

• Supporters

Update;

A bunch of wires, some DIY, a few sparks, and one heart attack later, I can confirm the motor works. So I guess it's the trigger connector. So... Now the question is where can I get a new one? And TriggerHappy thinks I should add a fuse in there as well. Opinions on this and where to get one as well as the trigger connections?

Update;

A bunch of wires, some DIY, a few sparks, and one heart attack later, I can confirm the motor works. So I guess it's the trigger connector. So... Now the question is where can I get a new one? And TriggerHappy thinks I should add a fuse in there as well. Opinions on this and where to get one as well as the trigger connections?

I might have my old wire with a fuse on it if you want it. It's still fine, I just took it out when I stuck my mosfet in.

Nice work on the motor testing, told you it'd be easier with 2 people :P

• Supporters

Self resetting fuse from Airlab £10

New trigger switch you should be able to get from most shops.

Ok, thanks. Anywhere online that you know of to get the trigger parts?

I might have my old wire with a fuse on it if you want it. It's still fine, I just took it out when I stuck my mosfet in.

Nice work on the motor testing, told you it'd be easier with 2 people :P

I'll just get a new one, but thanks for the offer. I was trying to get the motor to start (wasn't working, but it was a hodgepodge setup), and when it all of a sudden started, I nearly hit my head on the roof, as I thought it was dead :). Should I look into MOSFETs as well? I'm not sure on them; beyond the little I've read on here I know nothing.but I'm pretty confident right now; as nothing was set on fire (talk about a confidence boost).

Ok, thanks. Anywhere online that you know of to get the trigger parts?

I'll just get a new one, but thanks for the offer. I was trying to get the motor to start (wasn't working, but it was a hodgepodge setup), and when it all of a sudden started, I nearly hit my head on the roof, as I thought it was dead :). Should I look into MOSFETs as well? I'm not sure on them; beyond the little I've read on here I know nothing.but I'm pretty confident right now; as nothing was set on fire (talk about a confidence boost).

Mosfet are easy. It's youre basic 2 wires from battery plus a 3rd wire that goes on your trigger. I use hamsterfet, easy to set up and fairly cheap.

Mosfet are only really needed if your planing on using lipo batteries. I put one on mine while I was upgrading for ROF and thought I might make the switch in batteries, I still haven't.

Well done mate, looks like you sorted you gun out by yourself. You've just saved yourself some coin and also gained something money can't buy; experience.

• Supporters

Mosfet are easy. It's youre basic 2 wires from battery plus a 3rd wire that goes on your trigger. I use hamsterfet, easy to set up and fairly cheap.

Mosfet are only really needed if your planing on using lipo batteries. I put one on mine while I was upgrading for ROF and thought I might make the switch in batteries, I still haven't.

Well done mate, looks like you sorted you gun out by yourself. You've just saved yourself some coin and also gained something money can't buy; experience.

Ok, then I'll skip on the 'fet for now as I only use Nimh. And while on the subject of MOSFETs; this one seems to have some neat functions:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/new-2014-burst-wizard-king-kong-super-2-mosfet.html

Ok, then I'll skip on the 'fet for now as I only use Nimh. Still need to find a trigger connection though...

I'm having a look for you but I've never seen trigger switch like yours. I can't see how you trigger sits in it. Confused!

• Supporters

I can get better pics as well

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.