A strange request about Army L85's

James Flynn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all.

I have an army l85 aeg I inherited from my Dad not to long ago. It functions fine (after replacing the piston :wacko:) but upon close inspection I have discovered that the mock gas parts have been removed. I asked my Dad about this and he said it was one of his master plans to fit another battery in the hand guard for and easy change. (if your're wondering, no it did not work xD)

So my request is anyone with an army l85 (or similar) can you post some pictures of your gas parts as reference shots so I can give replacing them myself a go. Or if anyone has a broken l85 and they are wiling to part with their gas parts I am more than happy to take them of your hands ;)

If you google 'SA80 gas parts images' that will tell you how its laid out

For the airsoft version, there's 4 parts, the part that goes into the foresight block, the gas tube, gas rod & a spring

I actually just removed the gas parts from my G&g sa80 so I would be able to get a battery in the DD rail easier. I will send a pic later when I get home.

Also they have no purpose other than getting in the way and not being able to fit a battery easily especially if you have the DD rail.

Ok so your standard L85A2 has a gas plug, a gas cylinder and a gas piston. The gas plug slots through the foresight (as its airsoft I doubt the orientation will matter as there is no actual gas port). The gas cylinder slots over the protruding end of the gas plug and the gas piston slots into a receiving hole at the breech end and then slots into the gas cylinder.

I'll try to take some photo's next time I am at TAC :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.