Sign in to follow this  
psion

WE Kimber barrel???

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Hi there.

Just wondered if anyone knows wether or not the WE Kimber has a threaded barrel? (Not the warrior version! Although probably share the exact same part). I know the WE 1911 does, but I just want to be sure before I make the trip.

thanks folks.

Ps

WE don't make a Kimber, which model are you talking about? Have you got a link? Though iy will probably be threaded inside to take an adapter.

WE don't make a Kimber, which model are you talking about? Have you got a link? Though iy will probably be threaded inside to take an adapter.

They do a kimber desert warrior, he probably means that.

They do a desert Warrior, doesn't say Kimber on it anywhere?

That's because WEs often don't have accurate trades (or any at all for that matter). The desert warrior in real life is made by kimber.

An mp5 with no trades is still an HK gun.

HK originated the MP5 Colt originated the 1911 though. Anyway if indeed you ( the OP ) mean a WE Desert Warrior it is threaded on the inside and requires an adapter that comes with most WE Guns.

Colt originated the 1911 though.

You'd still know it was a 1911 though, that was my point. Doesn't matter about the original creator, kimber makes 1911s.

Yeah you'll probably want one of these http://airsoftzone.co.uk/pistol-silencer-adaptor-we?filter_name=adapter

They're threaded inside as BigAl said (11mm IIRC) the adapter gives you a 14mm CCW bit on the end.

Common issue (at least with the Glocks) is that the muzzle device you attach can collide with the guide rod when the slide is moving so you need to buy a pack of O-rings and fit them to stop it happening.

Not sure if this is a problem with a 1911 though.

Ok, thanks folks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.