Cyma V3 cylinder head issue

Lozart

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

One of these things is not like the other:

b7bb2e85-e8c3-418d-ba69-1a6d20eb6947.jpg

On the left the original Cyma cylinder head, on the right a Lonex V3 cylinder head. See that big lump around the rim of the Lonex one? Yeah, that quite efficiently stops it fitting into the gearbox. Anyone else had this? Seems all the ASG Ultimate and Lonex branded ones are like this but the SHS ones aren't. Is there a different type of V3 box or have they just packaged the whole thing up wrong?

• Supporters

got some with lump on them - they "might" be for say aug or some certain makes of boxes

say hello to my friend mr dremmel

head meet dremmel

dremmel - do ya usual, what's the worst that can happen ???

yeah the minor tweaking has crossed my mind but still got to work on v3's yet

Oh and the other black thing deffo not a cylinder head (i think - just kidding :))

• Supporters

got some with lump on them - they "might" be for say aug or some certain makes of boxes

say hello to my friend mr dremmel

head meet dremmel

dremmel - do ya usual, what's the worst that can happen ???

yeah the minor tweaking has crossed my mind but still got to work on v3's yet

Oh and the other black thing deffo not a cylinder head (i think - just kidding :))

Don't really want to start taking a dremel to my cylinder head thanks. And no, that other thing isn't a cylinder head. It's the spring guide. But then you already knew that.

I hope.

The nozzle tube looks a bit shorter aswell

Do you have any V2 cylinder heads to try aswell ??

BTW, the bearing on the spring guide is called a 'thrust bearing' I use them on my rc boat motors and prop shafts but I dont have any with the right inner diameter for my gearboxes

it does seem V3 boxes are less standardised than V2 ones, I recently replaced a smashed Double Eagle UMP gb case with a Classic Army one and bought a fair few SHS/Core parts to put in it at the same time. Hardly any fitted as I expected them too (including the cylinder head, tappet plate and piston head) and it ended up with several original DE parts inside. I've used many SHS/Core V2 parts with no problem so I'm pretty sure its not down to poor manufacture, but rather which gb make the parts are based on.

• Supporters

it does seem V3 boxes are less standardised than V2 ones, I recently replaced a smashed Double Eagle UMP gb case with a Classic Army one and bought a fair few SHS/Core parts to put in it at the same time. Hardly any fitted as I expected them too (including the cylinder head, tappet plate and piston head) and it ended up with several original DE parts inside. I've used many SHS/Core V2 parts with no problem so I'm pretty sure its not down to poor manufacture, but rather which gb make the parts are based on.

Tube is the same length, it's the angle of the picture that makes it look like that.

• Supporters

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/v3-cylinder-head-question-30778/

and yup I was jesting about that black cylinder head thingy - i knew it was a tiny lipo thingy watsit

some cylinder heads are labelled v2 & v3 heads - though usually the v3 head has a slightly longer "spout" than v2

then again have seen v3 heads in the "long v3" & "short v3" - jeez and I thought v2's were agro

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

That funny odd shape V3 cylinder head - fits lovely in a JG AK gearbox

Kind of handy coz stock JG cylinder head would of needed 2metres of tape to seal it was so pants

Thought what's that cut out bit on box - damn where did I put that funny head - ah found it

RESULT - all closes up nice - should help compression no doubt :)

Good to know I guess they fit JG AK's & probably G36's

But not Cyma's so may need to get some SHS ver 3 heads as well

EDIT - minor update notice the cylinder head nozzle was tad too long so cut off aprox 3.5mm

Turns out yup it is a ver 3 head but seems like a G36 type ver 3 nozzle which is longer

(gotta love those accurate ar$ehole descriptions overseas ffs but seems ok now)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.