CQB site size

Pyro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Oh, yea, that price for 2000sqft is a total no-go. I meant for something Mall or Virus sized

• Supporters

Even then, a stirling weekender at an MOD training area like STANTA or Copehill down is normally £65. Admittedly I see that as being awesome value, but that's 24-36 hours of play at a site with facilities and features that no warehouse can EVER emulate.

• Supporters

It's only £25 a day walk on at the Mall! £50 would need to include something a bit special.

• Supporters

Right, upping the price reduces the number of people likely to attend. However you can do things that you can include which will work out improving your profit margin.

EG: The sandpit was £30 last time I played for the day, that's £10 more than most of the other sites I played, they included lunch which their competitor didn't so

Sandpit 5 to 6 hours play, plus a hotdog, baked beans, a handful of nachos and some catering cheese (probably cost less than 2.50 pp as you'd be getting catering size from a cash and carry). £30 That's an extra £7.50 per person. although they spank a ton of money on pyro and fuel for their motor pool and loads of staff. Although Andy the owner is essentially a full time employee.

Competitor 5 to 6 hours play, no lunch. £20, lunch is extra, £2 for a burger, £1.50 chips, £2 cheesy chips. £1 cans of drink.

Don't forget, if you only open one weekend day every other week that's 26 possible game days. For a good day's play at a CQB place like Red 1 or the now closed SWWG I would probably be happy paying £20 for a day's play. But would be disappointed if it was rammed to the point that every game was a stalemate.

If you do a weekday evening every week that's about 50 half days. Taking out a few for Christmas/new year although you may find people are interested. Half the days play cost would be fair, £10.

SWWG did juniors only nights and weekend days on the alternate weekends to the open days. The juniors days included lunch and essentially they supervised the kids, I think they even did a bit of training. So that increased turnover.

Back to the original post, its way to hard to figure out a perfect number of people or perfect size, there are so many factors that are in play.

Nice reply Nick :)

It really all comes down to buisness practice. Cost vs. reward ratios and the like.

If you put 100 people in a warehouse, you make loads on entry fees. But if the gameplay sucks, people don't come back and you get a bad name.

I have an idea of dynamic respawns in a warehouse site. So you're not always going to the same place to respawn, the stalemates should get shaken up when suddenly, you have OP4 spawning behind your lines. But I don't know if this is something players would like of if it would get in the way of the action.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.