L85A1/SA80/R85A1 ADVICE!

Crumbla146

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello I am new to air-soft but i am looking at purchasing one of the above with a Daniels Defense rail, and either the standard scope or the adapter/riser for an acog.

I have found a deal with an R85A1 and all that for £300 but if i could find better quality with another model, manufacturer etc I would like to know! Thanks

post-10624-0-28548400-1419362214_thumb.png

• Supporters

AFAIK the only manufacturer that makes an A1 model L85 is Army Armament. They're not the best, ICS and G&G probably being the better out of the three or four who make SA80 varients.

G&G also do the A1 ;)

The army L85 is supposed to be a clone of the G&G L85. I have just got a complete army gearbox assembly (was only £60 brand new), for a spare ... that said i had to spend an hour getting the trigger contacts right (the was bent over one way, then just needed setting up, maybe a bad set of contacts :wacko: ) but it fitted in my G&G L85, so while i wait for a different spring again (i dont know why my G&G keeps going over my sites FPS limit :angry: ), i am going to be running with the army gearbox

• Supporters

Why a DD rail on an A1? :(

i am going to be DD'ing my a1, mainly for ergonomic reasons, as i don't get wrist ache with a vertical forgrip, plus it also adds rail space for tac lights etc

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.