Cheap Gear From Russia?

Zak Da Mack

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I.. I Don't even........ Ughh :P

Chinglish is great until you try to understand something and subsequently fall into a useless heap, crying yourself to sleep because you need to know what is said but just can't understand...

It's such a shame they don't get google translate in china :D

Can;t exactly offer a personal view of the Partizan suit as I've only used the KLMK onesie which are made out of gourmet paper :P . I hear good things about them though. However,as a nice surplus retailer in Ukraine told me- Gorkas and Partizans are popular purely for their looks,because all of the special forces guys in movies and games wear them. Quality wise they're nothing special for the price and not as good as the DPM rip stop stuff,Bundeswehr surplus or even old austrian shit. The fabric is alright actually, but doesn't feel like something you'd pay 60 euro for.

I can only say that the SS-leto pattern is ridiculously effective. Makes you damn near invisible in some areas and works fairly well all round.

If you want to dedicate yourself for Russian kit and want something that will hide you exceptionally well,go for it.

• Supporters

I paid $83 posted for something similar from profarmy and felt that was an exceptionally good deal, so yeah i'd say go for it.

Oops, should explain - the suit i bought is by Bars, which is not military issue afaik.

• Supporters

Sergey from Syndicate Workshop has a webby now, here.

Omg, the prices are great. Damn it Ian, making me doubt things all the time with your amazing research. Another ss-leto suit but over half the price on there. But am I compromising on quality?

• Supporters

It's manufactured by Modox and afaik they have a good reputation, but i don't think it is a general issue item. Having said that, Russian armed forces are not completely centrally supplied, like the MOD here, so for eg units have been photographed wearing surplus German flecktarn (with the flag still on the left arm), so it wouldn't surprise me if some unit somewhere are using that Modox SS Leto suit. Same with the Bars one I ordered from profarmy.

Cool, thanks Ian. Might get it off there. Sorry Anastasia. Not really after a specific copy of a military unit, just a sort of general look if I decide to do it

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.