TM M4 S-System - looking for long free floating handguard

Bourne4red

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Do you have any pictures? Looks like a standard TM delta nut to me (two lugs instead of the star shaped centre piece).

In which case this

should show you how to remove the nut itself.

I think this best desribes the delta ring on the TM M4 S-System:

The M4S is different than most other M4 AEGs in that the barrel is not held on by a barrel nut/delta ring. If you have the SIR off of it and the faux delta ring, all you have to do is loosen the grub screw on the bottom of the barrel and it should pull right out.

The actual barrel does not extend into the reciever on an M4S. The grub screw I'm talking about is on the underside of the barrel, it is in the "fat" part of the barrel right in front of the delta ring, but before the flat part of the underside where the battery goes. The "fat" part of the barrel is actually part of the reciever on the M4S.

• Supporters

Right, but the delta ring itself still screws onto a stub on the front of the receiver. As long as that is the same thread as usual (1.5"x18tpi) then you should be able to fit a floating rail.

• Supporters

The s-system has a completely different upper if memory serves me right, you'll need to find yourself a flat top upper, patrol base had some jg uppers last time I looked, then you'll be able to fit whichever rail you like ;)

Okay, I've attached some photos... as you can see the delta ring is one piece of metal. I've also attached an exploded diagram which also describes the delta ring as one piece.

There is no thread within it, it's held in place with a single allen bolt.

Any ideas guys?

post-10554-0-74764400-1418065482_thumb.jpgpost-10554-0-64714700-1418065504_thumb.jpgpost-10554-0-62088700-1418065527_thumb.jpgpost-10554-0-40131000-1418065540_thumb.jpgpost-10554-0-99744900-1418065563_thumb.jpgpost-10554-0-49347900-1418065580_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

IMO, by the time you've bought all those parts (and this is airsoft, they may or may not fit, you roll the dice) you might as well have bought a G&G combat machine. They have the proper threaded section on the front of the upper for mounting various freefloat handguards.

• Supporters

IMO, by the time you've bought all those parts (and this is airsoft, they may or may not fit, you roll the dice) you might as well have bought a G&G combat machine. They have the proper threaded section on the front of the upper for mounting various freefloat handguards.

^^^^ that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.