Sniper Suggestions?

NiallAckroyd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone know any good snipers/ good sniper upgrades? Thinking of doing some sniping in some games.

Edit- I've tried it before, as in someone lent me their sniper (in exchange for me lending them my M4), I did like it from what I did, just looking for a range in weapons.

Best rifles IMO are Tokyo Marui VSR, JG BAR-10 (VSR clone, compatible with all TM VSR upgrades, which there are a lot of)

Another good gun is the WELL MB-01 (AKA Warrior L96)

Best getting them from Gunfire or TaiwanGun (Polish retailers) cos it's much cheaper and you don't have import duty or anything else to pay unlike outside the EU.

Dayum, you're right, Taiwan Gun is a lot cheaper.

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/mb-01-olive-well

Thanks for letting me know :)

Edit- Probably a stupid question, will it have to be 2 tone as I don't have ukara, or not because its outside of the uk. (I'm a bit new to this, not sure on the legalities)

It will have to be 2 toned if you/the person buying it for you doesn't have a UKARA or similar defence. If you import one from abroad customs will destroy it if there is no UKARA number on the side of the box

As previous posters have said, a VSR of some description is one of the easier rifles to upgrade due to the availability of parts. If you can, get a TM as their hop units are brilliant stock.

Upgrades wise it's generally accepted to do accuracy upgrades before power but that's dependent on your budget. There are a lot of DIY mods you can do for pittance if you're short on cash, a few of them here:

1. Barrel polishing - removes any unwanted friction from your barrel.

2. Barrel spacers - stops unnecessary movement of the inner barrel making your rifle accuracy more consistent.

3. Washing BBs - removes grease/residue from the BBs which means the hop rubber grips them better resulting in a better flight.

That said be looking at putting in at least a new tightbore barrel, spring guide (metal), spring and trigger set up as a minimum if you want a more powerful rifle. Maybe even a new hop up if it's a clone rifle.

I bought an A&K svd as it uses 60rnd mags, uses AEG parts which makes parts quite cheap.

Only upgrades I did are a 6.02mm tb barrel and a ASPUK hop up, it will hit a pop can at 40metres with ease with .2gr bb's.... Must try .36 and heavier.

• Supporters

+1 to A&K SVD

The upgrade's you need are the extended cocking handle and advanced hop unit. ASPUK are fine, but airsoftpro.cz are cheaper. A TBB will get more FPS from the spring and depending on quality may improve accuracy, but it has such a long barrel that if you get a TBB you will need to do your calculations for what spring to get, because for eg a 6.01x590mm with the stock spring will put out about 530FPS on .2g BB's. It takes AEG springs though, so it's cheap enough to experiment - an M135 is a good place to start for a 6.01mm TBB.

The stock trigger sear begins wearing out from the 1st shot, but not quickly and there is a steel one cheap enough - this begins wearing out the piston though :lol: there is a steel reinforced piston too. There is also a steel barrel base which is probably not needed unless you also do the home made mods to minimise barrel wobble and air seal leakage, but more importantly get your shooting position and technique sorted to minimise involuntary movement, but with all that sorted, the additional inertia of steel must improve accuracy. I would advise getting the steel bipod as opposed to the 'metal' one as, although a sniper rifle will generally take less abuse than an assault rifle, when you need to displace in a hurry, you will drag your bipod across the ground and move with it extended, so if it's crap it will get bent.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.