VSR O Rings?

Mr Monkey Nuts

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The standard O Ring on my JG BAR is (lets just say) poor, It leaks and has very little compression, despite a fairly consistent and decent FPS.

The piston itself is ok and I have no reason to put an alloy one in, its simply just a bad sized O Ring.

'Murica says #14 is best for compression, but causes resistance, slowing the cylinder head, while #13 doesn't seal as tightly, but returns better travel. However it would appear the standardised sized don't translate to the UK very well.

So what size do I need and where can I get some? ASPUK dont list them and i cant find anywhere that does. Now I'm beginning to think they may just be standard AEG sized?

May or may not help but I bought a box of metric nitrile O rings from Aldi a while back, it has about 40 different sizes and 10 - 20 of each size, cost about a fiver and has sorted many airsoft fixes such as piston head air seals, gas valve leaks and even mag base seals. Well worth it if you can get hold of one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.