gaming pc build

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You will notice it ingame. When I swapped I found it soo much better playing games, especially FPS titles.

now I have to regretfully inform you that, spending so much on a PC has meant that I have to use a sony bravia 40 inch tv as a monitor for the time being. The problem being it has a refresh rate of 50hz LOL. So I basically spent £1k on a pc and could get the same result from a £400 pc, but I will save up to get a 144hz monitor, hopefully at the end of the year. How will I notice 50 fps cap? (do I even english xD)

That is another debate entirely :P My view though is that eyes can only take in the equivalent of 28 FPS so as long as its more then that I dont care lol.

Besides there is no hard in future proofing your pc :)

That is another debate entirely :P My view though is that eyes can only take in the equivalent of 28 FPS so as long as its more then that I dont care lol.

Besides there is no hard in future proofing your pc :)

yeah, well whenever I get £300 to spend on a monitor i guess I will be able to play at 144hz then, but I will be waiting a few months. Can't wait to build my pc, it should all come by thursday and then I will either build on wednesday or thursday depending on when it comes

so the case and the cpu have arrived, also expecting more today, will add when i get them. WARNING YOU NOW, THERE ARE A LOT OF PICTURES BELOW! Will add my thoughts on them so far later

P2176872_zpscceidyte.jpg

]P2176874_zpsq8gbmm0j.jpg

sorry for shaky photo

P2176875_zps6oke5ijs.jpg

P2176876_zpsiaflmd5s.jpg

P2176880_zpshniuoygc.jpg

P2176881_zpszt56kzyv.jpg

P2176882_zps5oudn1iq.jpg

P2176883_zpslcqbwne8.jpg

P2176884_zpswmvqr059.jpg

P2176885_zpstokurthm.jpg

P2176888_zpsc7dta7ut.jpg

P2176889_zpsjbnjr354.jpg

sorry for the blurred picture, camera was playing up/ I can't take photos xD

P2176890_zpsweeap4mo.jpg

P2176891_zpsxxrdawd0.jpg

P2176892_zpssuciv0ns.jpg

P2176895_zpsic9xsguh.jpg

P2176896_zpsx09pwjwv.jpg

P2176898_zps6me2mygt.jpg

P2176900_zpse5drco2p.jpg

P2176903_zpsqbvqop4n.jpg

everything has come bar the ram ffs, that might come on thursday or friday so having to wait until then to actually use the PC. shame, just because 1 person lied about 1 day dispatch :(

Oh no...It has begun.

Yep, still sitting here scratching my head. So, I have done cpu, cpu cooler, added to case, then connected all of the case things except for 2 things that I cannot workout where they go. Still, will take a picture tomorrow. I know one of them is a direct audio power thing but idk where the F*ck it goes lol. Will just add the gpu tonight I think, or maybe psu or both, idk we will see

I have everything everywhere as well, cba to take a picture but will do tomorrow, , literally leaning on my psu cables whilst typing, got my psu sitting next to me with the box of the hyper 212, and then the gpu box on the floor, cpu box god knows where, cable ties and screws and everything. Oh yeah and the thermal paste sitting there as well lol

really quite messy lol

Read your mobo manual...

have done, nothing in there really, apart from the fact it is 100 pages thick XD. right so its like folex or whatever, connects the NZXT mini circuits, will do it tomorrow. Added the psu and now doing GPU, will finish tomorrow but have to wait till thursday/friday for the ram to arrive :(

Molex. :P

thats the one xD, just realised the connector has been sitting in the msi mobo box. FUUUUUUUU

that makes life a bit easier. So i am just connecting the gpu up, then will do molex connector, and then off to bed. I have spent a good 4 hours on this lol, too tired now

right time for bed, just done some cable management. I have to do - tomorrow will add the hard drive, connect everything then check everything, and do some research making sure everything is right, and then hopefully thursday the ram will come and I can fire her up and get the os installed, and then do some gaming :D

right to update: done the hard drive, connected pretty much everything into the psu, so now all the mini circuit boards on the case have power. I think everything else has power as well, there should be a number of connectors that don't have anything in it? i think e.g sys fan 1 and 2 etc won't be in use as the case has a mini circuit board which is plugged in, although I have one connector which I have no idea about. will edit it in,

here these are them, the ones I have highlighted in red. I have no idea what they do/where they go or connect into, please help!

thanks guys :)

sorry about the paint editing as well lol

post-9335-0-22134400-1424253963_thumb.jpeg

You plug in the molex hanging from your fan controller to your PSU's molex power. And when you have that done just plug in your fan fan connectors to the 3 pin connectors hanging from your fan controller.

(Edit: It should tell you in your case manual how to connect it. Sorry for long replays on phone.)

You plug in the molex hanging from your fan controller to your PSU's molex power. And when you have that done just plug in your fan fan connectors to the 3 pin connectors hanging from your fan controller.

(Edit: It should tell you in your case manual how to connect it. Sorry for long replays on phone.)

the molex is all done, that powers the LED's and the fans. However there is one connector that I have no idea of what it does, just uploading photos to photobucket, I can't find where it goes anywhere it seems

That is just a fan splitter to make the case a bit neater. What plug are you confused about?

i will upload some photos to show you.

will add another one when done

right guys, it is actually just another way to power the fans, so it is not needed. Was a bit worried then. Ok, so now i just need to check everything, and then I have to wait another day -_- to get the ram lol to actually use it. Should I power it on to see if it works or not?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.