G36's what to buy?

beastmode

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need some help in finding a decent G36. I like the look of the Umarex G36K. Does anyone here own one? And how does it perform?

Are there any other brands I should be looking at? I heard Jg are decent but they seem to be a lot cheaper.

Any help would be appreciated.

SRC gen 3 or JG. The SRC gen 3 has a very good reputation, despite everything else SRC make not being great. I guess they just got lucky with a design. JG G36's are very popular as hire guns, this is an indication of reliability and value for money.

The price difference you are seeing is that Umarex ones are licensed by H&K and are also made by Ares, so they are authentic in terms of detail and generally decent quality, although where Umarex is concerned, there are several differently priced Umarex G36 variants, some electric blowback, others not, although they are all fairly decent quality. Most of them have a quick change spring feature on the gearbox. Having said that, the Jing Gong G36 is a favourite at airsoft sites for use as a hire gun, because it is pretty robust and reliable, but of course it is not licensed by H&K, nor made by Ares, which is one of the reasons it is cheaper than the Umarex one.

As Monty mentions, the SRC G36 is good too, so give that a look, but be sure to note that the SRC G36's magazine is well known for being problematic, suffering from feed jams. No big deal though, because other brands of G36 mags do fit the SRC G36, so not a major issue. And of course you will be wanting more mags anyway, to take advantage of the funky jungle clip system the G36 mags have. On the subject of which, most airsoft G36 mags will work in other airsoft G36s, with the notable exception of Well ones, which are very different from other G36 mags in terms of where they feed. If you want low cap G36 mags, ironically, the cheap Double Eagle compatible ones are worth checking out (they take 30 rounds).

From someone who actually owns and currently uses a Umarex G36KV .

I can say that it is happily a gun I can reccomend. This is only for my gun (I'm not sure if I got a good day gun or something) but without any shimming or gearbox work it shoots near silently with a 330fps on the dot (nearly +/- 4fps) After chucking in a TBB I have found the thing easily outranges most dedicated DMR's I have come up against.

The current set up on mine is in the style of the KSK but with the scope rail as I find it nicer than a dedicated scope due to it not being a high zoom level. With a RIS kit on the front end the K has more than enough real estate for everything from grips to bipods to Flashlights.

The trigger response is good and with a 8.4V battery the Full auto mode is on the grounds of overkill and the range and accuracy does start to suffer (on 0.20's anyway)

I have had the EBB option removed on my to prolong the life of the gun and to also reduce noise as I enjoy assualt/recon roles. This gun can be adapted very quickly as I have found in many games for example when defending points switching to a high cap and holding down the trigger makes people keep their heads down(also when attacking) but the range and silence makes it the perfect weapon for counter sniping without the MED of snipers.

All in all it is a great gun but with Ares ( the OEM of the gun) there has been times when Lemons have become amuck ,but this can happen with all companies.

cheers for the comprehensive advice guys. Always find it tough finding a new gun as I'm so fussy. I like the look of the SRC ones as they look good stock for the price. Finding it hard to find stock of them in Black though.

• Supporters

cheers for the comprehensive advice guys. Always find it tough finding a new gun as I'm so fussy. I like the look of the SRC ones as they look good stock for the price. Finding it hard to find stock of them in Black though.

Here you go:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_453&products_id=7030

• 1 month later...

ASG SLV36 this gun is essentially a jg g-36 but is licensed with H&K trademarks (like most ASG guns) you can upgrade this with many parts including systema and Tm parts

the src version does have a gen3 gearbox but lacks the build quality and trade marks which give it its authentic feel also the src g-36 is 159£ (depending where you buy it) whereas the ASG version is 130£ at socom tactical and most other retailers

ASG_SLV36_01.jpg

• Supporters

the src version does have a gen3 gearbox but lacks the build quality and trade marks which give it its authentic feel also the src g-36 is 159£ (depending where you buy it) whereas the ASG version is 130£ at socom tactical and most other retailers

The Gen 3 SRC version lacks build quality compared to the JG? lol good joke

I've actually got the Src now. no problems with build quality however I bought it second hand and I'm having issues with the gear box. I've also used a Jg g36c and liked the feel of it. There really isn't much in it between them but I'd say SRC just edges if it was working properly.

I've yet to use mine but my buddy used it at our last game, should be a little more accurate now with a blade sight put on it

I hope he doesn't mind using my sons support M4 for a few hours while I play with the 36c

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.