G&G TR4-18 help.

DEDSEC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

So I've just ordered an M140 High Torque motor and an 11.1v 25c LiPo for my G&G TR4-18 Top Tech in the hope to make the gun as "snappy" and the trigger response as fast as possible. However, I know I have asked this long ago for another gun, but I'd like to add a MOSFET. Mainly so I don't obliterate the trigger contacts, plus if I'm not mistaken a MOSFET increases trigger response anyway.

My question is what MOSFET is best? A "plug'n play" or hardwired? Keep in mind I do not care for burst fire or fire controls etc. I'd just like a nice, crisp sounding gun.

I also know about short-stroking however I can only do that to a version 3 gearbox. If the answer is "hardwired" does anyone know someone who I can send my gun to have this installed for a sensible price? Even better, does anyone on this forum have the know-how to do it, and willing to?

Thanks in advanced!

I am guessing you have a previous generation of this gun since the current ones (gen 3) have a mosfet built in. Might be worth letting us know whether its gen 1 or gen 2 as they both have different quirks.

You will want a hardwired mosfet, its the only way to get the resistance down and that trigger snappiness up. A plug and play one will protect the contacts but it wont reduce the resistance and allow the high current flow quickly. As to who can do it....I would call pro airsoft since they are the main importers of G&G guns in the UK. They may very well be willing to do this.

I am guessing you have a previous generation of this gun since the current ones (gen 3) have a mosfet built in. Might be worth letting us know whether its gen 1 or gen 2 as they both have different quirks.

You will want a hardwired mosfet, its the only way to get the resistance down and that trigger snappiness up. A plug and play one will protect the contacts but it wont reduce the resistance and allow the high current flow quickly. As to who can do it....I would call pro airsoft since they are the main importers of G&G guns in the UK. They may very well be willing to do this.

It's a gen 2 mate. My apologies for not mentioning that.

• Supporters

You want a hardwired if your planning on running an 11.1 Lipo. Plug n play is more to change your fire mod than anything else where as a hardwired one helps with the trigger contacts.

I personally used an active braking on off ebay called AirFet and it's been brilliant had it nearly two years without a fault.

• Supporters

Again - hardwired. Plug and play won't protect your trigger contacts anyway.

Personally I'd recommend Gate Electronics. The NanoAAB active braking one is what I have in my M4 (the older version anyway) and it's a great little bit of kit. Only £35 from Fire Support too.

You want a hardwired if your planning on running an 11.1 Lipo. Plug n play is more to change your fire mod than anything else where as a hardwired one helps with the trigger contacts.

I personally used an active braking on off ebay called AirFet and it's been brilliant had it nearly two years without a fault.

Personally I'd recommend Gate Electronics. The NanoAAB active braking one is what I have in my M4 (the older version anyway) and it's a great little bit of kit. Only £35 from Fire Support too.

So many MOSFET's I now don't know what one to get! Haha.

To a more serious note, who can install it?

• Supporters

So many MOSFET's I now don't know what one to get! Haha.

To a more serious note, who can install it?

*ahem* Gate *ahem*

As for install - anyone that can 1) take apart a gearbox and 2) solder. It's really not that hard.

*ahem* Gate *ahem*

As for install - anyone that can 1) take apart a gearbox and 2) solder. It's really not that hard.

if your comfortable going into a gearbox you can do it bud, it's pretty easy to do.

Sorry Lozart, gate*

The last version 2 gearbox I took apart still remains in that state to this day haha. I'm comfortable with a version 3 as there's less fiddly bits however a version 2 isn't my strong suit.

I'd hate to break my TR4 and have no idea how to fix it.

• Supporters

Take it to your nearest tech then. Where abouts are you?

Take it to your nearest tech then. Where abouts are you?

North east Scotland haha. 40ish miles north of Aberdeen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GATE-ELECTRONICS-NANOAAB-3rd-GENERATION-AEG-MOSFET-UNIT-ACTIVE-BRAKE-ROF-DIGITAL-/201204331672?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item2ed8b67498

Is this the "gate" you're on about?

How is it installed since the product description isn't very clear on that.

• Supporters

Yes, that's the kiddy.

The main part goes in line with the battery then the trigger contacts are wired to a small black connector that goes into the small socket on the mosfet board. If you go to the gate electronics website you can download the instructions.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.