WE L85 HPA mag QR system

geoffreym
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently got hold of a WE L85, and having previously used Gas guns, love the actual gun, but hate the gas/propane/CO2 systems which are currently available and would if at all possible modify the mags to work on a HPA system.

My idea is to have a HPA tank (with a regulator to manage the Psi) connected to the mag with a quick release system so that I can reload (albeit slowly) while not having to worry about cool down, or venting, and being able to fire full auto.

(quick image)

Untitled5_zps5ef616cf.png

I've ordered a ra-tech adaptor system to see how the gun will work just on air (i've got a compressor which can maintain 130Psi).

any suggestions on what valves (have no problems tapping new threads on the bottom of the mags) I can use or anything else anybody can think of?

thanks

geoff

P.S. to Ed Na-na-na

• Supporters

I actually had a similar idea about using the stock on say a m4 to hold the gas tank, then you could use standard hi caps

The only issue I can see with your idea is mag changes :(

• Supporters

Have a look at what P* users do with their guns. A lot of them use a QD valve thing close to the pistol grip so it can be removed from their person/tank quickly if needed- I think it requires a secondary regulator or something though but I've not really looked into it or anything.

I actually had a similar idea about using the stock on say a m4 to hold the gas tank, then you could use standard hi caps

The only issue I can see with your idea is mag changes :(

don't worry about quick reloads on L85's, only way I ever found was on the A1's by basically ramming the new mags onto the mag release and hoping there's enough weight to let it fall out lol.

Have a look at what P* users do with their guns. A lot of them use a QD valve thing close to the pistol grip so it can be removed from their person/tank quickly if needed- I think it requires a secondary regulator or something though but I've not really looked into it or anything.

that's the sort of thing I want, problem is I can't seem to find what sort of inlet valves they use, any links would be appreciated.

Archived