What Maps do you guys use?

Liam1992
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'll be honest and say I find the new coloured font a fair bit harder to read, personally; but otherwise It seems a lot better for the changes, ta. :)

As to the font type; it's Deja Vu Serif.

I'll play around with some other colours and fonts.

Well, everyone is different and that doesn't exclude how our eyes respond to different colours. So yeah, experimentation will find what works best for you.

I've always wanted to use a map, but my two locals are far too small to need one.

I've seen lads try to use one (just a screenshot of the site off google earth) to very little success as no one seems to be willing to follow a plan ;)

I'm going to venture out to some Milsim weekenders when I can, should imagine they'd be very handy then.

I disagree. I have very hard to keep count on the amount of rooms on each side of the "sticking out part" / rooms on each side of the courtyard @ twa urban. Sadly ofcourse you cant get this of an exsisting map since its under roof. think I did make a map, but not quite sure as to where it is.

JYg1Z6G.jpg

Marking doors and windows is definitely something I'll look at. It is difficult using vert imagery however, but its possible.

Military imagery is only as recent as the satellite that captured it. Go onto Google and see how many Satellites we control. Our imagery is as current as our NATO allies allows it to be. Fortunately Afghanistan is imaged daily at an incredible resolution, but I think you will find that OpenSource Imagery (Bing, Google etc) are actually very good.

Bing in particular. Windows 8 uses it, its the imagery I have used for this. I can't say for sure what resolution it is at, I would estimate around 25 cm (For reference, Afghanistan has been imaged as single digit resolution), so it is not bad at all.

Google doesn't update its Imagery as often because it isn't economically viable for them to do so anymore, hence why it is wildly out of date in some cases.

OpenSource imagery doesn't require ISTAR assets to capture information.

Cheers,

Liam

Have you this version in PDF glory I can haz?

Wouldn't mind properly printing that and using it. I'm terrible getting my bearings right especially as Anzio's buildings are all the bloody same!

fivezerothree, on 06 Aug 2013 - 13:49, said:

Have you this version in PDF glory I can haz?

Wouldn't mind properly printing that and using it. I'm terrible getting my bearings right especially as Anzio's buildings are all the bloody same!

Yeh mate. I've made the Grid lines a little clearer and added a slight transparency to them. I haven't printed one out myself yet (I am about to try it in a minute)

The file is less than 3mb so shouldn't cause any problems.

EDIT: Attached it to a PM message.

EDIT II - Attached PDF to this Post so anyone can scrutinise/view!

Cheers,

Liam

Anzio_Complete.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Yeh mate. I've made the Grid lines a little clearer and added a slight transparency to them. I haven't printed one out myself yet (I am about to try it in a minute)

The file is less than 3mb so shouldn't cause any problems.

EDIT: Attached it to a PM message.

EDIT II - Attached PDF to this Post so anyone can scrutinise/view!

Cheers,

Liam

Thanks ever so much!

Archived