Electric Pistols??

jay83
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys im looking at buying a side arm, dont use one. Im wondering has anyone used the Electric ones? are they any good, im looking at a ASG Glock 18 , just wondering how they hold up.

• Supporters

I have the CYMA glock g18c great gun, same as the ASG one I have read. I have only lipo'ed mine so far, but I do have a Eagle6 spring ready to fit :)

• Supporters

True but a good gbb one shouldnt have much of an issue, admittedly in the winter it wont be as good as in the summer but they're still usable, and even comparable as batteries will go flat quicker.

Don't have to pay as much for 2 KwH for charging compared to a bottle of green gas.

@OP I have a Cyma Desert Eagle EAP, very nice weapon. Definitely fires at under 300 fps.

@Spoon do you know if the Eagle6 spring would fit a DEagle?

• Supporters

Don't have to pay as much for 2 KwH for charging compared to a bottle of green gas.

No but you'd benefit greatly by having the performance of a gas one which I think justifies having to buy a bottle of gas every couple of months, £10 isnt a great deal, and propane is even cheaper still.

Plus most gas ones arent made of plastic and even those that are (tm etc) are less likely to break.

Plastic? Only the grip on my Eagle is plastic, and the slide is decent quality metal. I don't mind either, but I don't want to fork out £20 upwards for spare mags

Tried gas..drove me mad as soon as it got cold it wouldn't work.

Tried the AEP very reliable but lacked power (usually sub 200fps no matter what anyone tells you) and as soon as you start upgrading it puts more stress on the other components and the battery flattens quicker,hence the Lipo upgrade.

Now using a custom chopped M4..smiles of fun...I can never see me going back to a pistol TBH...as said though each to their own.

Archived