Silicone Grease which best for a pistols

JayHadley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Why would you want to grease the outer barrel? Do you mean the slide? If so, it depends on the contact surfaces. For plastic to plastic or plastic to metal then you can get away with any silcone based grease, just don't use too much. If you are looking at metal to metal (i.e. a metal slide running on the metal insert in the lower) then you need something other than silicone. For that I'd use a moly based grease, the same stuff I use for greasing ball joints on the car. Just don't use too much. A light application will do and clean and re-grease every couple of outings.

• Supporters

I use bisley silicone gun oil spray on my WE hi cappa if its good enough to lube real guns I am sure it's good enough for airsoft guns ;)

• Root Admin

Yep, Abbey make a great gun grease and silicone spray that you can use for pretty much any gun. I've used both myself and have never run into any problems caused by either;

• This for plastic/plastic or metal/plastic (or the dropper if you'd like to save a bit of dosh). E.g. slides, inner-barrel cleaning and most internals actually.

• And this for metal/metal. E.g. spring guides.

Just as a general rule: Avoid anything that claims to be 'special' in any way - anything with additives and/or claims of "go faster" materials used in its composition. Stick to silicone oil and moly gun grease.

Archived