Biodegradeable BBs

Dan097
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with biodegradeable bbs? I'm gonna want them for target shooting in my garden as I don't want lots of little plastic balls there forever.

I probably won't be using them for skirmishes but are they as accurate as the usual ones and does anyone know how long the take to actually biodegrade?

They can take anywhere from 1 to 10 years to degrade:)

I would suggest that you just make a BB trap. A small metal box with some cardboard over the front that you then stick the target to is fine. The bb may just about penetrate the cardboard at 20m, but will not go through the box. A metal biscuit tin would do, or you can buy bb traps off of ebay for not a lot of cash.

I was gonna buy the trap but I have a big fern tree behind where I'd be shooting with like 1m of shrub so I thought I wouldn't be able to find all of them but it'd be ok to leave a few behind.

Cheers :)

Green Devil bio BBs are very good and having had one of our team weigh a representative sample on a set of powder scales they came out as far more consistent that some of the other well known plastic BBs. The 0.2s & 0.25s came in at almost the exact weight, whereas the plastic ones were anywhere from 0.01 to 0.03 different over the same sample number of BBs.

• Supporters

Agreed, green devil BBs are excellent. As for accuracy etc I have personally seen no difference between good bio BBs and good normal plastic BBs.

Green devil bios break down within 2 years if the bumf is to be believed!

• Root Admin

Yeh, you're still looking at "years" rather than "months" with bio-degradables. I've had some BBs laying around in the garden since last September (Bulldog ones I think - I've since switched brands a few times) and upon inspecting one last week, I can say that the only difference to them is a few very minor scratches all the way around (which could have been caused by a great many things).

I can vouch for the Green Devils though (I use their tracers on occasion) and they're a decent BB (but perhaps a little pricey compared to some other fairly well known brands).

Tokyo Marui .28g Bios are the best BBs I've ever used,but they are very very expensive and hard to get outside of Japan.

G&G Bios are excellent and don't wreck your gun.

And again vouching for Green Devils by ASG,no difference between standard BBs and bios accuracy wise.

Has anyone ever used ASG Open Blaster BBs? How are they?

Archived