camo preferences?

adam bussey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

39 members have voted

1. 1. what do you perfer

2. 2. what do you use

MTP works pretty well, and outclasses DPM everywhere except in dense greenery.

but yeah, as stated above, flectarn works best in woodland, and IMO atacs works best in sandy places.

Urban sites : black top, tru-spec urban digital trousers

Woodland : green shirt, cadpat tdu trousers, cadpat boonie

Im a big fan of A-TACs myself (especially FG and LE), DPM, CADPAT and (dare i say it) ACU/UCP/whateveryouwanttocallit

It always makes me laugh when people say MTP is a "multi" camouflage for numerous countries, when it even says on the British Army website it was designed for Afghanistan, but lets not get into that shall we... ;)

"The multi-terrain pattern (MTP) combat clothing is designed to blend with the range of environments in Afghanistan..."

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/23215.aspx

Not going to lie, its a very, very limited poll!

What I use now is Lizard camo patterns, A-TACS FG and I also ave some DCU ready for the Sandpit

What I prefer would be either the old Rhodesian pattern or the 32 "Buffalo" battalion patterns but at the prices and rarity I doubt I'll be getting anytime soon

Another atacs FG fan here, but I love good old DPM and I can do well even in black (find something black to hide by / in). While I don't have any yet, I also like the look of the Danish M84, thats high on my must get and try list :)

Must say multicam never really done much for me, but I like most camo patterns where things match and blend.

And yet another ATACS FG fan lol, absolutely love it,

But the second I can get trousers, shirt, baseball cap/helmet cover and a DCS in Kryptek Typhon, for a reasonable price, my wallet will be crying lol, that stuff looks (I believe the wording is) SUB-ZERO.

And I do not play the call of duty games.

• Supporters

And yet another ATACS FG fan lol, absolutely love it,

But the second I can get trousers, shirt, baseball cap/helmet cover and a DCS in Kryptek Typhon, for a reasonable price, my wallet will be crying lol, that stuff looks (I believe the wording is) SUB-ZERO.

And I do not play the call of duty games.

I think Warrior said on facebook that they wont be doing anything in Kryptek im afraid.

When someone asked about Pencott they said they've chosen A-TACS FG as their green pattern so I'd assume they've gone with AU as their desert so the chances of another new pattern would be highly unlikely!

I think Warrior said on facebook that they wont be doing anything in Kryptek im afraid.

that sucks, but I'd be happy with any Load carrying rig in that Camo.

I prefer and use ATACS FG. I've played at plenty of different woodland sites around the UK, and at different times of the year, and it works consistently even if the foliage isn't necessarily green. I occasionally use DDPM, but thats mostly for loadout purposes rather than concealment.

• Supporters

I like my PC/belt to be a different colour to my shirt and both of the above to be different to my trousers. Other than that I like every commonly available/well known pattern there is.

There's a few of the more.. 'funky' patterns out there I'm not a fan of, this stuff for example:

camo_swiss.jpg

But yeah, people argue over the effectiveness of different schemes as if all landscape is the same. I just look at the actual site I'm playing and choose accordingly (if I'm actually fussed about trying to blend in that day that is). CQB gaming? Well if you're down a pitch basement area in The mall nobody's evergoing to see you in a bright pink bunny suit. If you're in a well lit area fighting someone 2m away they're going to damn well know you're there whatever you're wearing. Obviously there's inbetween/semi-dark areas and not to say that UCP/Grey and similar gear won't work better than a bright pink bunny suit, but a lot of the time in CQC (or indeed any) airsoft it won't make too much of a difference.

All I want right now is Kryptek Raid. I'm not a fan of Typhon, I've got Highlander and Mandrake already and I don't play in a desert or in the snow much so Nomad and Yeti are out for me; just leaves Raid. Which would go super nicely with my Grey loadout theme but nobody's bloody making it. -_-

Woodland:

Summer I wear either Polish or Serbian woodland,

Autumn I wear either Australian Auscam but prefer East German Blumentarn.

Urban:

Either East German summer VOPO or West German black panzer.

I rather like both the jungle and desert versions of the 1960s US 'Tigerstripe' pattern, I've seen people playing in the jungle version before and it works extremely well in the forests and fields of north Hampshire. Hence why I'm building a guerilla loadout around it :D

I rather like flecktarn as well, but new flecktarn uniform can be a little pricey from what I've seen. Saw a guy in CADPAT at a skirmish the other weekend, that didn't look to bad as well but I don't like the digital theme of it.

Archived