Need advice on first gun

Dan097
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I'm just starting to get in to airsoft and I'm ready to buy my first gun I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend me any.

I like the thought of being a sniper/long distance player, but I don't want to get in to this until I've had a lot of battles and got some experience.

I'd like a carbine that could be upgraded in the future for longer distances (50m) and I have a budget of around 150 although I could go higher but as this is my first gun I don't want to shell out.

I've played paintball 5 or 6 times in the past and I always stay towards the back and pick off the flankers but paintball seemed very arcadey when compared to airsoft.

Another thing, my friend has been playing airsoft for years and years and has recommended me to get a src g36c gen 3, which he happens to be selling for £140. He's assured me its a brilliant gun, that he knows can easily be upgraded for a lot of range.

So guys any help?

• Supporters

Good shout on not wanting to go straight into sniping, most new player who do give up sniping shortly after starting it.

For £150, go for a g&g cm16. The src g36 is good but its not worth £140 second hand.

No I've not been to one yet, I wanted to practice and get the gear before going. I didn't wanna turn up, never having shot one before. My friends offered to let me practice with his guns.

Cheers for the recommendation, I'll give it a google

• Supporters

Dont worry, you really are best just turning up and having a go before buying your own stuff, just to check it's something you are happy to invest a fair bit of money into.

Dont worry, you really are best just turning up and having a go before buying your own stuff, just to check it's something you are happy to invest a fair bit of money into.

yh, because once you start spending, you'll never stop :)

Get to a skirmish and talk to some of the guys on site, get some first hand advice and even ask to have a look at peoples gear so you can get a better picture of what you want to go for in terms of load out and guns.

Cheers guys. I'm turning up at the next skirmish. Just out of curiosity, do any of you remember your first load out?

Yup,twotone g&g gr15 raider,1 highcap mag,4 quid saftey goggles and I turned up in some old camo trousers and a green jacket with no friends....at the end of the day I had more mates than I could shake a stick at....weird how that works in airsofting,everyone seems to bond! :)

Cant go wrong with a G&G combat machine.

BUT please look up the laws relating to purchase and ownership of airsoft weapons before looking any further into buying a gun.

My first loadout was thrown together from cheap stuff i found at surplus stores.

IMG_0309.jpg

• Supporters

That's right, there aren't any about ownership. SRC Gen III G36's are good - I've got one :) but as M_P says, a C isn't worth £140, unless it's got a few extras and/or upgrades like spare Magazines, Vertical Foregrip, Sling, Tight Bore Barrel, new Hop Rubber, Red Dot Sight...

Ahhh yes, my first loadout:

post-6210-0-03558900-1375349636_thumb.png

It involved:

A sh**ty shotgun
A sh**ty p90

A sh**ty pistol

And a sh**ty loadout

But I still loved it :D

• Supporters

every one says they want to be a sniper but if you go into a skrimish you will reget it. i like the looks of a sniper but for the price of a sniper you can buy a very nice assualt rifle.

I've looked up the laws for purchasing, I didn't realise there were any for ownership (other than common sense like taking it in to the street).

thats kind of what i meant.

Archived