M105 spring

Pointman PUG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm just wondering how much power an M105 spring will give....

I'm currently chronoing at 320 on an M100?

Any ideas folks? :)

use the af-uk app :) it has a fps suggester so what every fps you are hoping to achieve it will tell you what spring to use :D

• Supporters

The M rating of a spring is what it ought to give out in metres per second. Though it's only a rough guide, as there are numerous things that can alter it, such as the efficiency of your gearbox with regard to air seals, as well as your hop unit's air seal and also your barrel length and bore.

Easiest way to work it out is to times the value of the spring by 3.3, as there's more or less 3.3 feet to 1 metre. So an M105 would give you something in the region of 340-50fps, give or take about 20 either way, to account for all the variables.

As ed said there are a lot of variables, I'd expect it to bring you up to 340 if your at 320 already. I'm getting 340 on an m90 on my g&p mk18 :(

Cheers guys....can anyone recommend a brand? ;)

I cannot. But just incase your gun ends up being hot why not invest in a sorbo pad? I'd like anyone elses experience/knowledge but that should reduce and perhaps compensate for any FPS increase you may have whilst protecting your gearbox.

• Supporters

Element do a 105 and you can buy it from Bullseye although i think i bought mine from their amazon store. It was free shipping on amz so bear that in mind.

Can't give you any definite results b/c i haven't chrono'd a gun with it yet. My experience has been that a jump of 10 in a spring equates to about 30FPS, so a 105 ought to be around 345, but as has been said, it's also about seals and barrel...

Archived