GBB choice...opinions or suggestions

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Payday looms just over the horizon and I'm itching to purchase a new gun.

Im determined on getting a GBB smg or rifle, having recently been impressed with a G23 pistol in full auto. (It gave me a smile anyway....I said a Smile)

(I know mags are limited in capacity and are expensive, but (and just out of preference) i prefer mechanical over electronics if that makes sense.

So, I'm looking at the KWA KMP9a3 or the WE Scar Light.

Anyone have any experience of these, good or bad points, or any other suggestions for a GBB (preferably sub £250ish)

Euan

the WE scar-l is a good gun but it will need an n-pas kit to tune it down as its fires realy hot at about 430 to 450 fps also the gas mags are dreadful in every way as you may forget to put gas in them after use and next time you operate the gun the mag leaks like hell and loading bb's isn't much fun either .

so then that said the scar-l probably isn't that good at all but have you considered the G&G raider GBB

• Supporters

The g&g gbbrs are a waste of money.

The we m4 mags are also the opposite of dreadful, they're very good in fact. Not remembering yo put gas in them after use is your own fault, every gas mag should be left with some in after usr , not just WE ones that's pretty basic.

The we scar is a great rifle apart from the weak parts on the stock hinge.

• Supporters

TM MP7A1 - I can vouch for its looks and feel, but not long term use or maintenance, as I just got a quick go with one. I'm not a fan of tiddly guns at all, but I was 'kin impressed with this. jcheeseright on here has one too, so he should be able to fill in the blanks...

• Supporters

TM MP7A1 - I can vouch for its looks and feel, but not long term use or maintenance, as I just got a quick go with one. I'm not a fan of tiddly guns at all, but I was 'kin impressed with this. jcheeseright on here has one too, so he should be able to fill in the blanks...

So good. So very very good.

If the mags weren't £35 a go and only hold 40 bbs each it would be my only gun. the range and accuracy on even low ish powered gasses (abbey ultra is what I use) are phenomenal. Not only that, it's also crazy light and so doesn't tire you out, SCARs are HEAVY!

• Supporters

oh, and regarding long term use and maintenance, I've skirmished the hell out of mine, including playing in the rain, sand, mud, freezing cold, baking heat, you name it. No problems so far at all, have taken it apart to grease it once and that was after 3 months and probably 2000 shots.

Many thanks for the replies, but I think the TM mp7 is a little out of my price range for now. I had a look at the Umarex mp7, but heard they stopped making them and are hard to find.

Anyone every used or seen a KWA mp9?

• Supporters

I've run into my fair share of KWA MP9s, had a play with them a few times on the chrono range but never skirmished one for a game.

One thing I can pin on them though?

FUN!

One handed full auto is amazing. Plus, the noise... Oh, the noise. Tariq is your man if you want to know about the KWA MP7 though.

• Supporters

KWA MP7 and TM MP7 are much the same price wise these days overall... the TM is a bigger outlay for the gun but you don't need an NPAS kit and the mags are only £35 (cheap for GBB), KWA on the other hand is cheaper gun but you need to get the NPAS kit to reduce the FPS and then the mags are £50 a pop if you can find them!

That said, from all accounts both guns shoot extremely well, the Umarex one was the KSC MP7 rebranded I believe.

Archived