Big fan of a certain gun.

StormAX
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

But im afraid it dosnt exist in airsoft.

The gun i am talking about is indeed the AN-94. Also by that i mean a version of the gun in airsoft that replicates the AN-94's first double shot mode.

anyone come across this?

Apparently there is an AN-94 Airsoft replica being produced but I'm not 100% on that.

Also, bear in mind, that the Real Steel AN-94 is still in its prototype/testing phase.

• Supporters

As far as I know there isn't one.

Also, it'd be impossible to properly replicate the firing modes, on full auto the cyclic rate is only around 600rpm, whereas on 2 shot burst it is 1800. Without a very fancy mosfet set up, anything like that, that involves having two different rates of fire, would be impossible to pull off.

Gas gun maybe, but then I'd want to see the barrel assembly moving to reduce recoil and speed up the cycling process, as per the real one, which I highly doubt is possible with such a small gas supply in the magazine.

Im still in shock that its still in prototype, even though its practically been in service since the 1990's

Im still in shock that its still in prototype, even though its practically been in service since the 1990's

It's never actually been put into full service with any of Russia's armed forces, only some small police use and apparently Spetsnaz but don't hold me to it an I may be wrong.

• Supporters

In theory it would be possible to program a mosfet to replicate the the change in ROF. It is possible to tune ROF down with existing AEG mosfets. It's also possible to achieve 30 rounds per second (1800rpm). So the mosfet would simply have to allow the 2nd shot to fire at the full speed available from the battery voltage and then slow successive shots down...

As for the whole barrel/bolt/receiver/etc assembly moving independently within the "effect envelope" (which piece of jargon deserves some kind of 'impenetrable gobbldegook award'), that's where a good idea hits cold hard economic reality. To make the movement properly in delayed time with each shot would take a radical redesign of the gearbox for this one gun only or an entirely separate motor with its own mosfet linked to the first...

It's a personal project for the kind of person with the skills and resources of a movie props maker...

• Supporters

Yeah, any of the Burst Wizard mosfets can tune a burst from single shot up to 9-ish. It's the immediately continuing into full auto after the burst, rather than the second wait with your finger on the trigger before full auto kicks in after a burst that's the issue, as well as the ROF change.

Thinking about it, you'd have to have another control position in the fire selection too, because dabbing the trigger to only get the 2 round burst rather than fast-2-slow-1-or-2 full-auto would be a pain in the arse.

Archived