Americans on Xbox Live

Dan's Ark
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I play over Xbox Live a lot, and I have a couple of good Americans on my friends list who I regularly talk to and play with.

But I just played GTA IV, and there was this deep-voiced American arguing with a British guy trying to mock him because he was British.

I just wonder why a lot of Americans seem to have this thing about British people? They always bring up things like the Revolutionary War, which was like 300 years ago..............

EDIT: MOVE THIS TOPIC OVER TO GAMING, I'M AN IDIOT.

Because some Americans feel the need to rub it in your face about "how much better they are than you". If they ever talk about the wars they've won, just refer to the Vietnam war, that usually shuts them up.

Most amusing thing I've ever heard an American say is that "we're undefeated".

Most amusing thing I've ever heard an American say is that "we're undefeated".

Until you rub in the "Vietnam" in their face and they're like all dumbstrucked and don't know what to say. I made some Americans rage a game after arguing with them about that. And as Churchill said about them during the war:

“You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

I think they just try to make it out that we're a shit people because they realised that we're better than them- anyone like the average online gaming american will downplay anything that is better than what they believe.

Although some people on Xbox live are just retarded so it may be down to that; I have several US friends on PSN and they're perfectly fine. One of them even looks at an argument from another angle, which is a rare trate in our Western cousins.

i have a few friends in the us who are the nicest guys ive known always get on with the british and have a good laugh. though the other week i was on i got a message from a mong us teenager about the british losing every war and the US winning world war 2 from the start then uk joining in later on and helping them.he also went to say that vietnam surrendered because 2 nukes were dropped on them,just how...

• Supporters

Until you rub in the "Vietnam" in their face and they're like all dumbstrucked and don't know what to say. I made some Americans rage a game after arguing with them about that. And as Churchill said about them during the war:

“You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

I only know his more well known quotes.

"Oooohhhh yes."

To be fair, quite a few of the Americans I know online say all of the above... but are trolling. Apparently it's incredibly easy to wind up other nations (us in particular) by pretending to be a brain-dead hick from Louisiana who's been at the moon-shine too long. While it's true that some people you meet online won't be acting - I'd be willing to wager that a lot more are just trolling.

I myself have had a fairly large amount of fun performing the arrogant/dumb American teenager act on XBL and Steam a few times. I can do one hell of a New Jersey accent. Confused the hell out of a guy I'd been trolling when he later found out I'm from Barnsley...

But, if you want ammunition -

They only won the revolutionary war because:

1)We quit. Britain decided it wasn't worth it anymore. Better places to be.

2)They needed help from the French and the Dutch. They needed 2 other nations (we'd beaten 7 years before) to fight us.

The war of 1812. We and the Canadians marched into Washington and burnt down the White House.

Cram that down your pipe and smoke it.

To be fair, quite a few of the Americans I know online say all of the above... but are trolling. Apparently it's incredibly easy to wind up other nations (us in particular) by pretending to be a brain-dead hick from Louisiana who's been at the moon-shine too long. While it's true that some people you meet online won't be acting - I'd be willing to wager that a lot more are just trolling.

I myself have had a fairly large amount of fun performing the arrogant/dumb American teenager act on XBL and Steam a few times. I can do one hell of a New Jersey accent. Confused the hell out of a guy I'd been trolling when he later found out I'm from Barnsley...

2)They needed help from the French and the Dutch. They needed 2 other nations (we'd beaten 7 years before) to fight us.

The war of 1812. We and the Canadians marched into Washington and burnt down the White House.

BURNNNNNN

• Supporters

'MURICA!

I only know his more well known quotes.

"Oooohhhh yes."

Completely unrelated to topic, but that reminds me of this:

• Supporters

xD Yeah, kinda reminded myself of that a bit.

Douglas is one of the greatest sit-com characters ever. :P

I love tellin them how their country is all farm, desert and red necks apart from the odd decent city. The vast majority of that country is inbred and regressed. I like socal but you can keep the rest of it.

I love tellin them how their country is all farm, desert and red necks apart from the odd decent city. The vast majority of that country is inbred and regressed. I like socal but you can keep the rest of it.

True, only the east coast and a bit of the west coast is densely populated. Anything in the middle is just the odd bunch of farms and wasteland. Maybe the odd city or two, but there isn't much

Archived