G&G GR25

Yorkshire101
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

This is my first time here and I am needing some advice,

I have been airsofting for just over 4 months now actively but have been a couple of times in the past before that, I currently use a JG M4 S-System which isn't the best gun around but it had done me really well up to now in terms of its reliability, I have not had one issue with it and will keep it to use as a backup.

I recently bought a socom gear 1911 and have all the equipment I need and am now looking to get a better primary weapon,

I first looked at the G&G M14 HBA-L but I probably wouldn't be able to afford that plus the the external parts added I would want which would push me over £500, I then looked at M16's and this where I found the G&G GR25 which firstly looked lovely.

As my intentions around looking at these weapons were I am wanting a DMR so more accurate and preferably more range than an other AEGs and I would be happy to sacrifice fire rate which is obvious when looking at a semi automatic weapon my local site's limits are around 370 FPS for AEGs including the GR25 for that purpose or 500 FPS for a sniper including the GR25 for that purpose.

As the GR25 comes with a pre installed tightbore barrel I would not need to put that in and with varied reviews saying the FPS is around 330-370 with 370 FPS been the more common would you recommend this for my purpose of a DMR plus I would have the ability in the future to turn this into a sniper if I wanted.

Or is there any other guns which anyone could recommend, my budget is around £400-£450 Max, I would want to get bipod as well included in this cost and the GR25 would cost me around £425 including everything I need currently, I do understand that if I want one of the best guns around I will need to spend a lot of money upgrading the internals but as I don't have the money currently I want a gun which will have good accuracy plus a good range compared to other AEG's of a similar cost. I know I am asking for a lot here but what advice could you give me as over time I will upgrade specific parts to make my gun better as and when I can afford it.

Thank you :)

+ I guess if I remove the barrel extension on the end I could use this at CQB sites as well which could work nicely given they are semi automatic only anyway ... a link to the gun below as well

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2elandwarriorairsoft%2ecom%2f&WD=gr25&PN=G-G-GR25-Sniper--EGR_025_STD%2ehtml#.UX6HV6KG1Fe

Well, there is the G&P m14 dmr, i nice looking m14

Another options is that you could get a JG G3A3, upgrade it to a tightbore and some of the internals and buy a first factory MSG-90 conversion kit (barrel and handguard), then get a G&G msg90 specific stock, and a marui psg1 grip (optional) to make it look awesome.

But the GR25 is a good gun too.

• Supporters

I'd love a G&G SR25, if you can get one I'd say go for it. You're right with everything you say above and they're certainly exceptionally good rifles.

Only thing I'd say is that you ought to check you can buy mags for it from somewhere, 'cos 7.62 style mags are few and far between.

Archived