Starting out in GBB

EpicHam
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all!
My first day in the airsoft forum uk .

I have been playing airsoft for a while now , mostly cheap Chinese knockoff AEGs (no hating please) .
Now I am thinking of graduating to GBBRs .
Lets be honest , AEG really takes a lot of the realism out of a wargame and with 300-500 rounds in each mag . They aren't exactly the best for ammo conservation , also they sounds like my printer .

Its time to stop using cheap knockoffs that explodes and leak . Time for something different .

But now I'm pretty much overwhelmed by options. :unsure:

As I live in Hong Kong , I am thinking of purchasing a gun from either RedWolf or ehobby . (Free local courier shipping )

I am looking for a gun that has GREAT durability , and when somthing does break , I won't have a $400 paperweight.

The budget for my primary weapon is around $350 , maximum $400 , maybe a bit more if its REALLY worth it.

Currently I got my sights set on the Armalite series .
Most preferably the WE 14 GBBR , I heard it shoots hard ,kicks hard and its most definitely a looker .

(Just look at this :blink: , for the same gun there are already 2 different variants )

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/other-gun/gas-blow-black-rifle/we/ra-tech-custom-we-m14-gas-blow-back.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/other-gun/gas-blow-black-rifle/we/we-m14-gas-blow-back-rifle-wood-w-marking.html

However , the G&P WOC M16 doesn't look too shabby either ,in fact , more reliable than anything WE has made, but I heard parts are a bit harder to come by when compared to the WE guns.

As for a sidearm , I got a budget of around $140 in mind .

I am thinking of either the KJ Works M9 or perhaps a M1911 (Not really a fan of WE for pistols , I heard the leaking is BAD).

As always with GBB, looking for a gun that kicks like a mule and loud like bomb. (Adding to the coolness factor ofc :P )

Really kinda lost here , so many options.
So many contradicting opinions. Some say WE is crap , its run of the mill. Some say if you maintain it like a real rifle it'll last forever .

This is REALLY giving me a headache ....

Any advice?

EDIT: The $ means USD , just fyi

• Supporters

The ra tech one has steel parts in which will last longer. Get the steel one piece trigger box, the stock one will break if left standard. In the UK WE parts are very easy to get hold of compared to WA system guns like the G&p.

Go for whichever you like, both are solid guns, but the G&P mags are a bit finicky. The m14 is very heavy which might be an issue for some. They do shoot excellently thiufg

Before moving to a gbbr, start using low cap mags to get practice, it'll take you a while to get used to lower round counts (assuming you're using highs atm)

Also, these guns do require regular maintenance when compared to an AEG so that's something to consider. They also don't function as well in the cold as they do in the heat that's not to say you cant use them, but a gbbr won't be quite as consisant or practical.

Make sure this is something you want first, as they can be a fuss -but at the same time, very rewarding :)

The kwa rifle alex posted is another good choice, haven't been in the UK for all that long but there isnt much bad said about them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure about GBBR's because I use AEG's but for a sidearm I use gas guns. I mainly use 1911's and I would recommend a hi-capa 5.1 or a kwa. I don't actually own a hi-capa but I sometimes borrow one, and I must say, even in the crappy British weather they just keep going. They're also very gas efficient because of their plastic slide. (That goes for all tokyo marui's btw) They are mostly within your budget and very, very reliable.

Hope this helps.

KWA PTP / KWA PTR every day!

had two 2nd hand PTPs, never let me down and I've used them in some darn cold weather. never heard anyone saying anything bad about them.

Archived