Sensible size scope?

Gecko
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've just bought my first airsoft sniper rifle, a Dragunov svd. I've upgraded the internals to 500fps although its actually probably a little hot at the moment and I need to clip the main spring.

Anyway, having no experience with sniper rifles I have no idea what magnification factor is suitable for a scope on an airsoft sniper rifle. I've found one that is 3.5-10 with easily accessible windage and elevation dials but I'm not sure whether the mag is suitable. Any help from experienced snipers would beach appreciated.

• Supporters

for airsoft purposes 3.5-10 is fine. Anything from 2.4 to about 4 is sensible.

ALWAYS go for the largest objective lense possible, I run a 4-16x50 on my VSR as it's the largest I can fit on low mounts

As for the elevation and windage, don't worry too much, theyre nice to have for dialing in a zero, but for most airsofters it is simply impractical to dial windage, most would just perform a hold over instead based on wind and distance to target

• Supporters

Or if you're an uber pro like me, you can tilt the rifle so the hop counters the wind ;)

• Supporters

Haha, I guess I shouldn't share pro secrets like this, eh? Haha.

It's so funny when people see BBs flying at them straight as an arrow through 50mph wind. The look on their confused little faces is one of the most priceless things in life. :P

You could use the opposite technique Ed and be like that guy from the film Wanted and curve BBs round buildings. That would really confuse a few people.

Archived