m14 identification & motor

Wølf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all its been a while.

I was recently given an m14 EBR which I was told was an ARES model, all the specs add up except It doesnt have a fire selector which I thought was strange as all the m14's ive seen for sale are all advertised as single/full auto.

Ive stripped it down and the gearbox Isn't even designed to accomodate semi automatic fire so did ARES build some without fire selectors or possibly an earlier model when they were STAR?

Excuse my ignorance but Ive never had anything to do with m14's in the past so this is new to me.

Also the armature in the motor is fried so need a new motor but It appears to be a really long type as opposed to the standard "long type", anyone know where I can get one of these?

• Supporters

I've been told that Ares have very good customer support, so if it is an Ares and you're sure of it, you might be able to source a new motor from Ares themselves, I'm sure Google will cough up the relevant email address easily enough.

Archived