L3 EoTech magnifier, with FTS mount

Grounded_Pilot
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone. I have a supposedly "Real Steel" L3 EoTech Magnifier on a Flip To the Side (FTS) mount... much like the CoD fanboys know from MW3.

I was given it by a relative (brother) in the forces. He said it had seen action in reality.

However, with no box or papers- it's hard to distinguish between RS and Chinasoft... The whole Katy Perry/Zooey Deschanel issue here!

Any help would be grand!

Here's pictures, this is the best I can do!

There's about £100-£150 difference between re-sale prices of the airsoft and RS versions of these!

DSCF0114_zps87b04659.jpg

DSCF0113_zpsc9767091.jpg

DSCF0112_zps2e2d2da8.jpg

DSCF0111_zpsdd1177cd.jpg

DSCF0110_zps6f70ca32.jpg

DSCF0115_zpse8be6c27.jpg

DSCF0116_zps7fde6802.jpg

The EoTech has a slight reddy tinge, makes the whole image a bit darker, not the magnifier...

DSCF0118_zps1ff052c6.jpg

How "Dave" looks though just the magnifier...

DSCF0121_zpsbb3fa6a1.jpg

And here's how "Dave" looks without the scope...

DSCF0122_zps3c301aee.jpg

DSCF0119_zpsec8ea5ad.jpg

DSCF0125_zpsff5649bd.jpg

DSCF0124_zps11889aaa.jpg

If you didn't see from the pics, I have to say this is the clearest optic I have ever seen!

Still unsure if I'll sell it. If it's worth a few bob (£100+) I may try... if it's a clone I'll keep it.

Just don't want to accidently screw a buyer over, or be a mug and make a huge loss!!

• Supporters

I'd say the only way you're ever going to know, is if you find some other photos that have been taken of both the real one and the airsoft once and then compare those.

Just having your photos isn't a lot of help without something to compare them to.

I would say though, what reason does your brother have to lie? Plus, it'd have to be a very good airsoft one for you to have to ask this question at all, since there are usually some pretty obvious signs it's not real.

The easiest way to tell, would probably be to shoot it with a regular AEG, almost all chinasoft optics will crack or break if they're hit from short range.

The real one ought to be able to take one hell of a lot of punishment.

But do you really want to shoot it, to find out you now have a broken, fake EoTech magnifier? It's a bit of a gamble lol.

I'd say the only way you're ever going to know, is if you find some other photos that have been taken of both the real one and the airsoft once and then compare those.

Just having your photos isn't a lot of help without something to compare them to.

I would say though, what reason does your brother have to lie? Plus, it'd have to be a very good airsoft one for you to have to ask this question at all, since there are usually some pretty obvious signs it's not real.

The easiest way to tell, would probably be to shoot it with a regular AEG, almost all chinasoft optics will crack or break if they're hit from short range.

The real one ought to be able to take one hell of a lot of punishment.

But do you really want to shoot it, to find out you now have a broken, fake EoTech magnifier? It's a bit of a gamble lol.

Indeed. There is the "drop test" and of course the "boltie it in the lens" test too...

I ask really, as I have trawled through images online- and the real thing doesn't seem to come with a serial code or anything... and neither does mine! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I think for the moment, I'll just keep it... if I need cash I might try my luck with a bolt action, and tossing across my garden patio... :P

Thanks.

• Supporters

I think you can actually send Optic's and that off to EoTech for them to check if it's real or not i only mention it because i saw it some where else once...

It does look very much like my one (RS), trades and all. i should have it back by next week so i'll post up some of my pictures, but i do think your looking at the real deal.

• Supporters

Yea i think it's the real deal i mean every scope i have used from china make's everything duller so i would presume because it is the natural light it's real

It does look very much like my one (RS), trades and all. i should have it back by next week so i'll post up some of my pictures, but i do think your looking at the real deal.

Sweet, thanks.

I have thought about posting it off to the makers, to see if it is real or not... might have to consider it if I get no where.

Cheers guys!

Only thing that would worry me would be that if your brother is in the forces, why would he be supplied with a cheap imitation instead of the proper equipment?

I know there are budget cuts but I think buying airsoft optics for our forces is a bit much. :)

• Supporters

That has the real adjustment screw for elevation in the bottom of the FTS part, which all the china clones I've seen do not.

One good indicator is the quality of the metal on the 'catch', if it feels a little bit potmetally then it's a clone, if it looks like (and is) a good high quality piece of machined steel, then you're probably looking at the real deal.

That has the real adjustment screw for elevation in the bottom of the FTS part, which all the china clones I've seen do not.

One good indicator is the quality of the metal on the 'catch', if it feels a little bit potmetally then it's a clone, if it looks like (and is) a good high quality piece of machined steel, then you're probably looking at the real deal.

Nice spot! I have used it, but never noticed that the clones didn't have it!

Thanks all for the input. I think it is genuine perfectly now! I hope to ask my brother how he got hold of it after his current tour!

Archived