Airsofting and glasses

adamasrc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you guys are going to go for the tactical glasses and prescription insert option, I just found this website and they are happy to fit the lenses into the inserts. All at a great price too!!

www.ciliaryblue.com

Already had my Viper Tactical glasses delivered and extramemly pleased with the product and the cost so far. All in all, it should cost me a total of just under £70, or just under £90 depending on how thin I want the lenses due to my prescription.

Result.

You get them from Combat south?

I just picked up the T-Rex versions that are exactly the same and only £19.99. REDUCED FROM £35.

I was quoted £75 to have the inserts done!

If you use normal everyday sunglasses then the answer is NOOOOOO! It's more dangerous as the lenses could shatter which means you get both the cheapy plastic glass aswell as a BB in your eye.

Most sites will take your eye protection and give it a couple of bbs from point blank range if they seem suspicious about it... Of course you wont be wearing them at the time of testing! In terms of glasses, most people buy safety glasses that were designed for use with actual firearms. You can also go the mesh option (which most people do) or the perforated lens option (which usually steams up).

• Supporters
I have a little question perhaps it might go out of topic or not, are Sunglasses marked as eye protection in airsoft?

Thanks!

Sounds a silly idea to wear normal sunglasses - your eyes are not easily repaired. If you want sunglasses then why not buy something like these? http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...duct&id=GC3

Just google airsoft eye protection and you will find plenty of choices.

• Supporters

What was that about perforated lenses steaming up? You mean there are different types of lens material and so long as it's not perforated, it won't steam up?

'Cos if I want my British loadout to be properly authentic, I'll have to ditch the mesh and get some proper ballistic goggles/glasses, but I've been put off by them because all the ones I've previously tried, ever, have steamed up within about 5 minutes of running around.

I've tried science lab style glasses that are made to stop acids and stuff getting through (they were up to the task, I tested them) and I've tried these ESS ones, though I got them for £40 from an Army Surplus shop: http://andysmilitarysurplus.com/index.php?...roducts_id=1216

Both fogged up horrifically, so I just went to mesh.

You get them from Combat south?

I just picked up the T-Rex versions that are exactly the same and only £19.99. REDUCED FROM £35.

I was quoted £75 to have the inserts done!

I did see the T-Rex ones but opted for Viper as I have a bit of their gear and like it. Check out the link I posted in a previous comment in this thread for a prcie list of prescription lenses. Much cheaper than the high street. I got quoted £40 for my inserts and they are thinned lenses too......dont want "Milk bottle bottoms" in front of my eyes!! :D

Archived