New to airsoft and guns..

Zarlak
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys, newbie here. Never airsofted before, but I've come over from paintball... wanting to try out airsoft. I'm a sucker for milsim

(Here was my paintball gun)

SPOILER View
side.jpg

And just have a few questions

Question 1.) I want an MP5, not really too worried about cost, so I've seen the ICS MX5 A2 that I like the look of. Is it one of the better MP5s you can use for airsoft? Or are there better ones out there than ICS? I know nothing about AEG brands.

Question 2.) To avoid having to have two tone guns, do I have to be a member somewhere? If so where? Any local site? I think my closest is First and Only in Bolton.

Thanks for your replies. See you out there.

• Supporters

If you search VCRA you'll find plenty of info regards to making sure you can purchase for first replica legally.

Essentially, you need to have attended 3 skirmishes over a period greater than 2 months but less than a year. So if you get those 3 skirmishes in 1 month you'll still need to wait another month. Once you've got a written record of these games/a site membership number/a UKARA number that you can show to a retailer, you'll be good to go. Provided you're over 18 (which I'd imagine you are).

Once that's out the way, then yes ICS are a solid brand to go for. They're MP5s are certainly amongst the best out there, and the latest range have some impressive features.

• Supporters

My advice would be to decide on something based on all the info you can gather and then, just stay off the internet haha.

You'll end up wanting everything you see.

Airsofting is like heroin but less bad for your health - god damn addictive and expensive.

I had the ICS MX5 PRO with the 3 rounf burst feature and let me tell ya what a gun! accurate with awesome range and great reliability. im a huge ics fan but sold it to get my spank me new Systema PTW M4 Max mind you selling it it barely coverd the cost of the 6 mags i got for systema lol

My advice would be to decide on something based on all the info you can gather and then, just stay off the internet haha.

You'll end up wanting everything you see.

Airsofting is like heroin but less bad for your health - god damn addictive and expensive.

:lol: I came from paintball mate, I know all about buying everything I see and expense. :(.

I had the ICS MX5 PRO with the 3 rounf burst feature and let me tell ya what a gun! accurate with awesome range and great reliability. im a huge ics fan but sold it to get my spank me new Systema PTW M4 Max mind you selling it it barely coverd the cost of the 6 mags i got for systema lol

Nice, I love the look of the ICS. I wanted to put a new top receiver kit on it though so it had the 3 rails on the front, torch on one side, laser on the other and a foregrip. Double magazine, raiser, red dot sight, the whole hog. Good to hear it's a good gun from someone who had it. I heard they weren't good out of the box and required a lot of tuning?

The MX5 Pro is actually at the top of my newbie budget, so I'm going to consider that. I was going to get an MX5A2 and put the top receiver on to give it the aesthetic look of the Pro with the 3 rails, so I may as well just buy the Pro. Especially if it performs better than the MX5A2 anyway.

• Supporters

The only tuning that needs to be done (that I'm aware of) is with regard to the 3 round burst feature.

You have to match the speed of the motor/gears etc to the battery.

If you set it to fire 3 shots with an 8.4v and then stick an 11.1v battery in there, it'll probably shoot 6 or 7 instead because of the ROF increase. I'm pretty sure setting it up is a doddle, if I remember correctly there's a small dial by the mag release or something.

If you go on Youtube and look for EpicAirsoftHD's channel, there's a quite good review on the MX5. Tells you everything you need to know and there's also a 30m range test.

• Supporters

The only FAMAS AEGs out there are the TM and low-end china clones. The TM is obviously the better option but it's an ancient design that came out some time in the early/mid nineties. It shoots about 250-ish stock and the externals very quickly develop an awful lot of nasty plastic creaking.

The only FAMAS AEGs out there are the TM and low-end china clones. The TM is obviously the better option but it's an ancient design that came out some time in the early/mid nineties. It shoots about 250-ish stock and the externals very quickly develop an awful lot of nasty plastic creaking.

Damn that's a shame. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived