V2 Gearbox removal?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

How in the name of all that is holy, do you get a V2 gearbox out of an M16 receiver?!

I take it a number of pins need punching out, but I can see that some of them aren't even real and the ones that go all the way through seem to be stuck in with glue from another universe or something...

Need to get into it to install my ASCU and new spring, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Removal of the stock also seems to require the longest screwdriver in the universe...

Annoyed.

• Supporters

You need to remove the stock, pistol grip (including motor) and various pins, and the mag release.

• Supporters

Yeah just figured it out.

Who the f*cking hell has a screwdriver long enough to remove an M16 stock though? I can't do it, I don't have one.

Seriously pissed off about it actually, can't even reconnect the motor wires because for some reason one of them is about 2 inches longer than the other which makes it the most obscenely fiddly thing I've ever tried to do and on top of that I can't remember which is positive.

Either gonna be a job for Patrol Base, which I can't afford, or waiting until I buy a new bloody screw driver. Wish I'd never bothered with it now.

Can't get the rear body pin back in either, it's not lining up right.

M16s I've had, the top screw on the stock is the one that holds it on. You don't need a long screw driver because the screw itself goes all the way from the back of the stock into the receiver.

One wire is longer than the other because on a G&P (based on your guns owned on the left) both wires run down the inside back of the pistol grip. One is longer because it has further to run and wrap round to the correct terminal.

If the body pin isn't lining up, then the gearbox isn't seated properly!

• Supporters

I'll have to tackle it again when I've got a proper tool kit and not in such an irritable mood.

Archived